• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

If you hava 50mb....

50mb of what?

space - it can depend on different things such as the forum, the length of posts, how often people post, etc.
data transfer - it can depends on the number of views and the amount of images.

well phpBB takes more space then IPB.. and i think one of them (can't remember which) holds template info on the database so if you have multiple skins, it will use up more.

phpBB takes up more space than IPB? That's interesting... I was under the impression that posts (which should be the bulk of any database) would take up a similar amount of space no matter what software it used since its just text. Anyway, Invision Board stores its template info in the database (I have about 800kb worth of template stuff in my DB), and it's still smaller than phpBB... Very impressive.

uhm, just remembered i have some very long essays in the knowledge base, maybe its because of this

Last edited:
Back