• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

If someone takes your company's domain..

canardpress

If a person gets access to your company's domain name, is there anything you can do about it? Is there a way to get it back?

A member at bizari bought my domain for me and decided to leave recently. They're planning to sell the domain, but its rather important that I get it back. Any way to do so without taking some sort of legal action?

Is it registered in his name or yours?

If it's in his name, you're out of luck.

Domain's are like Girls. All the good ones are taken.

Except the ones from obscure countries ;)

(<3 bash)

Dean said:
Domain's are like Girls. All the good ones are taken.

Except the ones from obscure countries ;)

(<3 bash)
Words of truth. I'm actually going to agree.

Unfortunately if they registered the domain for you and the domain is in their name you lose the domain unless you take legal action.

canardpress said:
If a person gets access to your company's domain name, is there anything you can do about it? Is there a way to get it back?

A member at bizari bought my domain for me and decided to leave recently. They're planning to sell the domain, but its rather important that I get it back. Any way to do so without taking some sort of legal action?

Why should people believe that history? Well this is what happened...

I bought the domain, and it is under my name, He was in need of the domain so I told him, Im going to buy it and you can use it as long as Im with "Bizari" Recently I heard a conversation that he was getting profits of the domain, When he never paid for it and I did, So I asked him, to give me full admin access to the =forum= (just the forum) I was an admiistrator in Bizari forum, But a Limited Administrators, So I told him if he wanted to continue using the domain to let me be a second full administrator, Guess what he did!

He posted at the forum with a poll...

The Poll Options:

Leave jcws649 as a normal administrator.
Leave jcws649 as a moderator and let him leave with the domain.
I dont remember the other options but nothing in my favor, So I added just 1 option in my favor, and DUCK decided to remove my option and told me not to edit his poll, Im like ok...

And the other day I contacted a lawyer, and they told me that if he was getting profit of my own domain i deserve the 50-60% of the profit that he was getting.

Now the next day I was removed from administrator and he putted my rank as a moderator. Next day he banned me.

Whats the deal with bizari! The suppostely DUCK is crazy lol.

jcws649 said:
Why should people believe that history? Well this is what happened...

I bought the domain, and it is under my name, He was in need of the domain so I told him, Im going to buy it and you can use it as long as Im with "Bizari" Recently I heard a conversation that he was getting profits of the domain, When he never paid for it and I did, So I asked him, to give me full admin access to the =forum= (just the forum) I was an admiistrator in Bizari forum, But a Limited Administrators, So I told him if he wanted to continue using the domain to let me be a second full administrator, Guess what he did!

He posted at the forum with a poll...

The Poll Options:

Leave jcws649 as a normal administrator.
Leave jcws649 as a moderator and let him leave with the domain.
I dont remember the other options but nothing in my favor, So I added just 1 option in my favor, and DUCK decided to remove my option and told me not to edit his poll, Im like ok...

And the other day I contacted a lawyer, and they told me that if he was getting profit of my own domain i deserve the 50-60% of the profit that he was getting.

Now the next day I was removed from administrator and he putted my rank as a moderator. Next day he banned me.

Whats the deal with bizari! The suppostely DUCK is crazy lol.

You are absolutely correct in demanding 50-60% of profits but not full admin access in forum, if your part of story holds water.

canardpress, maybe your site/forum whatever, exists or remains popular(in your views) in part because of domain you had.
You always had option of taking .tk or simialr free redirectinos, but you made someone purchase it for you and now if you are making profits, surely owner deserves some payback if that was agreed initially. Evenif not, owner reserves full right to withdraw his domain and guess what, YOU have NO legal pressing on it.
jcws you don't have any right to demand access to forum fully, because forum owner needs to decide whom to give what access and if he is not interested, you can do nothing.
Better would be you both sit and decide over it. Reach consensus over profits, or jcws is free to sell/withdraw or let it expire and without any notice to you. So, canard just wake up to situation, you have no control over it and you never purchased. When you were in need, you were provided assistance and now that you seem to be self sufficient, you can either go for new domain or offer compensatory profits to existing domain owner and continue to use same domain for longer.
Just remember with every domain change, you do get dented in business and loose traffic.

I gave up this fight the longest time ago. I don't have any hard feelings against jcws and he can keep the domain for what ever purpose he wants to. Just like to make something clear, there were no profits from canardpress.com, ever. It was intended to be paid site, but in reality the whole site wasn't even uploaded to the server. I've registered my own domains since then and, I suppose, the issue is resoloved.

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed that Bizari is down, its because our host was hacked by spammers. We're trying to rectify the situation.

Back