• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

IE 7 Feedback

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
Well, I decied to test the new IE7 today. I am not sure if anyone else has it just yet, but if so, leave some feedback here.

here are some of my thoughts on it.

I feel that it is a lot better than the previous 6.0, and seems to have petter protection against spyware, sort of like FF. I love the new tab feature, and I am sure most of you will too since a lot of you are FF users. I like the new star favorites frop down menu. no need for the traditional menu anymore really. it is cleaner and sleeker looking. I think i may give it a chance and see if i really like it over the next couple weeks.

I use it and it is good. the tabbed browsing makes it easier to have multiple pages open. one problem sometimes when displaying php and some other file type pages it show the footer a few lines befor the bottem, this sometimes covers up what ever is a few lines from the bottem. other than that it's good all round. a nicer cleaner look.

moneyballs2 said:
I use it and it is good. the tabbed browsing makes it easier to have multiple pages open. one problem sometimes when displaying php and some other file type pages it show the footer a few lines befor the bottem, this sometimes covers up what ever is a few lines from the bottem. other than that it's good all round. a nicer cleaner look.
are you using Beta1, or Beta2? i have the new beta2, and everything looks perfect to me, even php.

**edit Post: 901**

the only thing i noticed is the "Set as homepage" link on my main business site, wich is a javascript link, is a little messed up. it could also be that it may ned to be codded a little different bacuse i dont see a problem with any other javascript links on any other site i have done, so i will have to look in to that.

Last edited:
The IE7 team emailed me a while back. They said my site (Dictionary.hm) wasn't compatiable with IE7. How ----ing taking the piss eh?? It works on IE6, FF, Opera, but not IE7, so they ask me to change my code.

Here's my reply:
Hello,

You should change your browser to work with the website, not the other way around. If my website works for every other modern browser then it is obviously a fault in IE7.

Trying to get every site on the Internet, small or large, to edit their code to be compatible with a beta browser is extremely inconvenient. If a site works in another browser but not IE, then, as said before, it is a fault in IE rather than in the site.

If the IE7 team then discover that it is impossible to edit their browser to work with my website, then I may consider changing the code to suit as I am aware of users needs (once it comes out of BETA). So for now, I will not change my code in my website, I request you to change the code in your browser.

Regards,

Colin Palmer
Dictionary.hm

Anyway, I downloaded IE7 beta a few days ago, and it just wants to be FireFox.

T.M. said:
The IE7 team emailed me a while back. They said my site (Dictionary.hm) wasn't compatiable with IE7. How ----ing taking the piss eh?? It works on IE6, FF, Opera, but not IE7, so they ask me to change my code.

Here's my reply:

Anyway, I downloaded IE7 beta a few days ago, and it just wants to be FireFox.
it works in IE7, but only the AJAX version of both dictionary.hm, and abrv.org work. whe cooler one that works as you type doesnt work unfortunately. :(

link92 said:
Ergh. Yet another proprietary UI. Why can't Windows just have a consistent UI?
they are trying to make it better. that is why when Vista is actually released, it will be great. they completely threw any anything from before, and started new. no more do at all. it is its own OS, but the UI is about the same, but looks better. IE7 is what will come with vista when released. I think there are going to ba a lot of positive changes

methodcomptech said:
they are trying to make it better. that is why when Vista is actually released, it will be great. they completely threw any anything from before, and started new. no more do at all. it is its own OS, but the UI is about the same, but looks better. IE7 is what will come with vista when released. I think there are going to ba a lot of positive changes
The fact is, IE7 on Win XP should use the Win XP GUI.

Also, am I the only one thinking Vista is the new Copland?

have been running it on my work pc for over 2months now. have never had any problems viewing pages or loading pages.

Cheap ripoff of firefox.
Too bad firefox 2 and then firefox 3 next year will crush what remains of IE's crapness.

Fonts have a very heavy weight, countless inconsistances with other browsers, poor css support, limited features.

sure visita is based around mac osx tiger. they kinda rip a peice of every software out there and put theyre own logo on it

Starcraftmazter said:
Cheap ripoff of firefox.
Too bad firefox 2 and then firefox 3 next year will crush what remains of IE's crapness.

Fonts have a very heavy weight, countless inconsistances with other browsers, poor css support, limited features.
i love FF as much as the next guy, but I have to say, microsoft really has stepped it up with the new browser. I really think it is a reeally well made browser. also, i have no problems with css support. it it is valid css, then it should work on any browser, so if you experiencing dificulties, then it is not the browser, it is your coding, and you just need to learn how to make sites better. they may have ripped off the whole tab idea, but oh well, i am sure others will very soon too. so, like i said before, i will continues testing for a couple weeks before i make my final decision of liking it or not, but so far, it is doing really well.

Mo coding works in proper css browsers like firefox and checks out with w3c...yet just because ie7 doesnt display it properly (due to it's crapness) - my coding is at fault?

Riiiiight *sigh.

I too think it is a very well made browser but I have noticed a few browsing issues. For that I switched back to firefox.

Microsoft have amde a good attempt at getting I.E 7 right.. it's vastly improved over 6.0 but still lags behind firefox in my opinion.

pastilles said:
I too think it is a very well made browser but I have noticed a few browsing issues. For that I switched back to firefox.

Microsoft have amde a good attempt at getting I.E 7 right.. it's vastly improved over 6.0 but still lags behind firefox in my opinion.

IE7 is still in beta....

methodcomptech said:
i love FF as much as the next guy, but I have to say, microsoft really has stepped it up with the new browser. I really think it is a reeally well made browser. also, i have no problems with css support. it it is valid css, then it should work on any browser, so if you experiencing dificulties, then it is not the browser, it is your coding, and you just need to learn how to make sites better. they may have ripped off the whole tab idea, but oh well, i am sure others will very soon too. so, like i said before, i will continues testing for a couple weeks before i make my final decision of liking it or not, but so far, it is doing really well.
No, IE has never had full support for CSS. And now with IE7 they're forcing us to use more of their proprietary code because, as they've explicitly told us, they have no intention of ever making the browser CSS standards-compliant.

It's complete and utter bull----.

//edit

typo

Last edited:
Yup, I know it's still in beta. Maybe that will give them some time to work on getting more standards complient.

pastilles said:
Yup, I know it's still in beta. Maybe that will give them some time to work on getting more standards complient.
Check out the IEBlog sometime if your interested about it: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/default.aspx

They openly admitted that they won't make the browser completely standards-compliant because the pages created by their own software (read: FrontPage) wouldn't be displayed properly. :lol: :(

That's rather amusing yet still frustrating at the same time.

Back