• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

icon in adress-bar

akersche

How can I add an icon to the address-bar?
Is this specific for IE or is it possible for Netscape, too.
And is it just a html-tag (meta-tag) Or do I need to insert a java-script?

like the "F"-icon at http://www.freewebspace.net/

looking forward for your help.
Greetings Arno

guess the icon is just on the main page.
you need ie 5.0 or 5.5, i think.

if you don't see it, try to bookmark the page and than reload it or get it from your bookmark.

Thats usually what I have to do to get a icon to show up. Drag the default IE icon into the page and it refreshes with the new one. I'm using IE6 now though and the icons keep going back to the default on a daily basis :(

I'm using IE6 as well... I didn't need to shift+drag, I just dragged it and it worked. For some reason, it keeps switching back to default in the forums, though. Doesn't do that on my pages.

it was originally shipped with windows whistler and just came out i believe

hmm
i'll stick with IE5...
updated my Windows Media player, and now it takes about 5 times as long (from 6 to 7) just to start-up, and the only better feature is that it looks better. Some things worse are: ads everywhere, unnecessary (and unremovable) task bars, and some functions disabled.

Originally posted by Cheap Bastard
no icon for me on IE 5...
not until i shift+drag it (the IE icon) into the adress bar twice.
Same here, except it works without shift.

Back