• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I wanna start an email service - Which scripts to use?

CHR1S

What would you guys recommend for a POP3 or web based email script. I'm going to start a service. I can't write my own without learning more, and I'd rather not do that. PHP or Perl would be good, I'm most familiar with those. I'd rather not pay money for it, but if it's cheap I'll get it. Any help is appreciated.
-Chris

there are plenty of scripts like that here, but I don't have any experience with any of them so I can't recommend you one

I can't go with squirrelmail because I don't think I have IMAP support. I rented the server. I have a cobalt raq control pannel, I could do it that way but I don't know how to have it automatically set up user accounts from a form. Most of the scripts I find are just for checking existing pop3 email addresses. Any tips?
Thanks,
Chris

besides user account, you need to get sendmail working (if you have it installed) and also have to makemap for access, domain table, mailer table, virtuser table, etc... and reload the sendmail server after adding an email address...

QMail also works, i know nothing about qmail, dun ask me...

Back