• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I wanna make a host...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna make a host a really good one no ads popups nothing. I DONT WANNA GET CO-BRANDED so what do i do ?:confused2

Read up on Linux and get a $99 a month dedicated server if you're thinking big. If you're not thinking that big, a decent reseller account somewhere would be a good place to start.
Ow, and the $99 doesn't include hardware upgrades that will probably be necessary if you want a good service and also in most cases won't include a (decent) control panel.

Last edited:
yup thats the way to go! i reccomend not including too much space incase of warez (like 15 MB) but u have to include enough bandwidth... not like 100 MB... at least a gig! and try to add FTP, CGI, PHP, ETC :D

most host have sumwher between 15-30 mb, any higher u will need a very good file size limit and extension blocking,

hy,
i think this would be a perfect host:
- no ads
- FTP
- ca. 20 MB space, nobody needs more for html
- PHP
- optional: MySQL
- CGI without sendmail
- 1-2 gigs traffic
- you always need file size limit, i would choose 150 kb.

that's it.

#Cyberflash

Originally posted by Cyberflash
hy,
- no ads
- FTP
- PHP
- CGI without sendmail
- 1-2 gigs traffic

that's it.

#Cyberflash

I would have to agree with him.

hy,
- no ads
- FTP
- PHP
- CGI without sendmail
- 1-2 gigs traffic

that's it.

#Cyberflash

Yup, would agree wit that ,too
That would be a 'perfect' offer.
I would probably limit the sign-ups or something like that, cause with that kind of offer you would have a lot of poeple, who wanted to get hosted @ your host.

Nebenbei @ Cyberflash:
Das ca. sollte man noch durch ein 'about' ersetzen dann wärs perfekt.

hmm...limit the sign ups...no i think when there is no space left stop it and thats the end...delete the un-used accounts later and offer new registrations.

#Cyberflash

PS: ja sorry das vergess ich immer weil ich sonst meist in deutschsprachigen foren schreibe...aber gut zu wissen dass hier wenigstens ein paar gleichgesinnte deutsche zu finden sind :D

sorry I always because I otherwise usually in German-language forums write... however well to know that at least a few German people to be found here are

Yeah dudes but you need to tell me how to get it

Originally posted by onlinemob
sorry I always because I otherwise usually in German-language forums write... however well to know that at least a few German people to be found here are

Yeah dudes but you need to tell me how to get it

do what tazzman said... get a dedicated server or get a reseller account. i reccomend dedicated server ;)

hy,
- no ads
- FTP
- PHP
- CGI without sendmail
- 1-2 gigs traffic

that's it.

#Cyberflash
I might be offering a similar package soon on my servers once server number 2 comes online (hopefully this week), but seeing as I'm going abroad soon and I don't want to leave a friend of mine to manage all this I may not start offering it till I get back sometime in August. I was also thinking in the lines of no ads forced upon sites, but banner ads or buttons could be placed on a voluntary basis and if any profit was made on these above what the server operatings costs are it would be donated to charity.

And the good part: Control panel would most likely be CPanel or H-Sphere. Got Ensim running on the server I currently run, but it has let me down and is full of bugs, so I might switch that one to CPanel, and the server that is coming online this week has H-Sphere on it :)

I probably wouldn't publicly advertise this, as the reaction would be overwhelming and I want to keep it small scale, but I'll be sure to post it on here should I start offering this.

Last edited:
Originally posted by conkermaniac
Check out here:

http://www.rackshack.net/

A $300 setup fee and only $100 a month after that. Probably some of the cheapest servers you'll find out there. :)

Then install an OS and all the scripts, etc.
There are far better deals out there, you just need to know where to look and not be afraid to bargain. Rackshack unfortunatly are so big they can afford not to bargain... There are plenty of companies where a bit of talking can get the setup fee dropped and maybe even a reduction in the monthlies.

But a good starting offer:

http://www.serveroutsource.net/products/bargain/index.htm
(I would try to get the ram raised to at least 256 MB though).

For other good offers (and there are plenty around at this time it beeing close to the 4th and all) check out www.webhostingtalk.com

Originally posted by onlinemob
I wanna make a host a really good one no ads popups nothing. I DONT WANNA GET CO-BRANDED so what do i do ?:confused2

If you don't know Linux/FreeBSD <add other OS here>, get a few books and read about it. Also read up on PHP/CGI as most of the "signup" systems are done in CGI/PHP. You'll also need to know how to admin the server, read up on that. If you go with linux (or some sort of Unix), you'll also need to know how to admin apache <add other services here>. It's a lot more then "just get a $99 dedicated server". If you know Linux <add other OS here>, then just get the dedicated server.

Yeah, you need to be familiar with running/installing Linux or some type of OS. The dedicated server certainly won't come with all that. And you also need to be able to fix problems when they arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back