• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I uninstalled an app but now it starts up with windows!

phuckedup

! ¿ who ? ¡
NLC
I have a pretty straight forward problem and the title says it all -- i uninstalled an app yesterday, and now it starts up with windows. it's not in the add/remove window, and the folder doesn't have the uninstall program anymore :S

my initial thought was to just delete the folder from program files, but that explains why my 'puters so messed up so i'll save it as a last resort. any ideas?

cheers

hmm, reinstall it again and uninstall? or maybe its in the startup folder, or in the msconfig startup tab

it's not in startup, and i was thinking it might be in the msconfig but i forgot the name ;) it's there, so once i remove it i can just delete the folder? and that's?

deleting the folder from program files isnt the correct way to do it, as there will be a process running.

anyways try this, START MENU, Programs --> Start Up .. is it there ? if So delete it.

then try, go to START MENU, then in RUN ; REGEDIT then

go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> Mircrosoft --> Windows ---> Current Version --> Run and see if the program is there? If so delete it

Then reboot and see if it still starts up.

If not then go to CONTROL PANEL, Administrative Tools, Services and see if its there, if it right click on it and go to Properties and put Start up type as Disabled, then reboot, and it should not start up, then try deleting the program from program files.

phuckedup said:
it's not in startup, and i was thinking it might be in the msconfig but i forgot the name ;) it's there, so once i remove it i can just delete the folder? and that's?

probably yes, but it may have some files that it added in other windows directories, so the best way i think is to reinstall it and uninstall it again so it will be cleaner.

Last edited:
Back