• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I still cant figure out how to do this

Sorry for the double post ... Freaking habit to hit tab to post ...

do this -

CHMOD Check

We will first check to see that your CHMOD settings are correct in order for the script to write to the file. If your settings are not correct, this script will not be able to encrypt your data in your config file. Encrypting the SQL data is added security, and is set by this script. You will also not be able to update your preferences from your admin once your site is up and running.Please set your CHMOD on config.php to 666 so this script can write and encrypt the DB data
Please set your CHMOD on config-old.php to 666 so this script can write and encrypt the DB data

I dont know how to change it...

which ftp software you use ...? in CuteFTP its very easy,,,
select a file and then right clikc and from the list click on CHMOD......
when a box appears check all the radiobutons out there, and thus the file will be chowned to 0777
..:cool: :cool:

BTW ... I use absoluteFTP and I right clicked it, click properties and there was a box that was set at 644 I changed it to 666 and WAM ... thanks again important!! :D

Back