• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need some feedback on paid hosting companies

Vent

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a paid hosting service. I have found at least 2 companies that don't seem bad. i was wondering if anyone has heard about them. I would reallu like some feed back on these companies. what are they like, etc.

1) 121Host - is 99 a year with free setup

2) readyhosting - is 99 a year.

thanx

Vent

i don't have experience with those two host. But perharps you can try MyAcen . I have nice experiences with them. Great cost, great support, and reliable servers.

Hope it helps :D

Umm, it would help if you told us what you are getting with those packages, and they are pretty steep prices. I would have to agree and say go with myacen, they are the talk of fws.net

well, I didn't want to create a long post lol. here it go....

1)ReadyHosting.com is the home of OnePlanHosting! We only offer one plan complete with all the bells and whistles. All sites are hosted on ultra-fast Microsoft Windows 2000 servers. Look below and see what you get for only $99/year!

500MB Web Space
Free New Domain Registration
Unmetered Data Transfer
Unlimited Email
Unlimited Email Aliases
Unlimited Autoresponders
Web-Based Email
Toll-Free Technical Support
24 Hour FTP Access
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
ASP Support
Live Statistics
FrontPage 2000 Extensions
Cold Fusion 4.5
Database Access
CGI/Perl
ASP Mail Component
ASPEmail Component
DevMailer Component
Instant Setup!
Password Protected Directories
Daily Backups
Custom 404 Error Page
Server Side Includes (.stm, .shtm, .shtml)
RealAudio/Video
PHP Server Extensions
SSL Security
E-commerce Shopping Cart by Cart32.com
Control Panel
SQL Server 2000 - ($25/Year Per Database)
ASP Simple Upload Component

2) 121 (host Specail for the month of march)

121Host Special offer main features:

500MB Storage Space
2GB Bandwidth per month
Control Panel
Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft FrontPage 2002 extensions
ODBC Connectivity
Raw Data Logs
Graphical Web Site Statistics
FTP Accounts
WAP enabled
Web-based File Manager
Web-based Email
POP3 Email Accounts
Unlimited Email Aliases
Unlimited Email Forwarding
Unlimited Email Auto Responders
Vacation Messages
Password Protection
Active Perl/Perl Support
Private CGI-BIN
ASP Support
SHTML Support
Active X Support
CDONTS Support
Macromedia UltraDev Support
Custom error page
Weekly backup
24/7 FTP Access
24/7 Support
30-Day Money-Back
Free setup

$7 USD per month
£4.95 UKP per month
€8 Eur per month

could you add the URL again, the other one didn't work

I'm sorry for such a long list. you did ask

thanx
vent

Well two major things to look at BANDWIDTH

The first plan says unmetered, that is a way of deceiving the buyer in to thinking unlimited, unmetered can mean and probably does, we don't care how much bandwidth you use, but if we notice there is a lot being used will kick you off, and in a lot of cases charge for re-activation.

As anyone will tell you here that knows something about hosting. They will tell you never trust anyone with unlimited bandwidth. Also you do realize that 2gig of transfer is pretty much nothing considering they are giving you 500mb of space. Go with myacen, even though there site seems to be down grrr! I would have posted one of there deals

Thank you for the input. I will try the URL again in a day or so. Is there any other good hosting services out there? I'm pretty new to web hosting. I've been checking around but they hand you a list like I have shown you and well, your eyes pops up out at it. anyways thanx

Vent

There has been a lot of talk about cyberwings also They seem to have VERY good deals. Check them out, or look for some threads about them here you'll find info, Im sure someone else will post with a bunch of reccomendations besides me

Or you could try....

Dixiesys

I've been using them now for a couple of months, and still haven't noticed any downtime.

And about all the talk about "growing pains"?? Well, I moved from a normal hosting account to a reseller account last night. It took 2 hours before I had an email from Gary with my new account details.

Gary's raised the prices, but seeing how low they were before, that's almost a sign of good health!!:p

You still get 200MB space/3GB transfer for $39.95, or if you really want that extra ooomph! - you can go for 400MB/7GB for $99.95.

Good luck!

Back