• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need help with a type of mouse over effect...

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
Ok I am redesigning my site and I am going to have mouse over effects like on cheatpark.com but I am not using images, so of course I am having trouble with it, What would the code be to do this? I need help asap, cause I am trying to design it as we speak but this is taking me longer than I thought

Yeah, well, cheatpark.com didn't work for me; so can you explain what kind of a mouseover you want? Cell colour mousover? Text change mouseover?

Well I got the little text box pop up thing working now I want the cell backgrounf color to change on a mouseover. What is the easiast way to do that

I am going to try this tell me if the syntax is right

<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Try this...</TITLE> <LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css"> </HEAD> <BODY> <TABLE width="10%" border="0"> <TR bgcolor="#313031"> <TD class="yellow" align="center" width="10%" onclick="location.href='about.htm'" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='747074';this.style.cursor='hand';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='313031';this.style.cursor='hand';"> About </TD> </TR> <TR bgcolor="#313031"> <TD class="yellow" align="center" width="10%" onclick="location.href='profiles.htm'" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='747074';this.style.cursor='hand';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='313031';this.style.cursor='hand';"> Profiles </TD> </TR> <TR bgcolor="#313031"> <TD class="yellow" align="center" width="10%" onclick="location.href='lessons.htm'" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='747074';this.style.cursor='hand';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='313031';this.style.cursor='hand';"> Lessons </TD> </TR> <TR bgcolor="#313031"> <TD class="yellow" align="center" width="10%" onclick="location.href='video.htm'" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='747074';this.style.cursor='hand';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='313031';this.style.cursor='hand';">Video</TD> </TR> </TABLE> </BODY> </HTML>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and paste this into your style.css

Code Sample:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BODY { background-color: #212021; scrollbar-face-color: #212021; scrollbar-highlight-color:#212021; scrollbar-3dlight-color:#FFFFFF; scrollbar-arrow-color:#FFFFFF; scrollbar-base-color:#212021; scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#212021; scrollbar-shadow-color:#FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: #FF9A00; font-size: 11px; } TD.yellow { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: #FFFF00; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bolder; } TD.orange { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: #FF9A00; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bolder; }

i don't know much about style sheets...i would try using a hover, like

< html >
< head >
< style >
< !--
a.1:hover{color:______}
a.2:hover{color:______}
-- >
< /style >
< /head >

...and then in the link itself add class="1" or class="2"
i'm not sure how this would work in style sheets.

There are no image roll overs either on cheatpark.com or cheatpark.net (if that was what you meant).
You have the background color thing a couple of posts down.

If you're talking about the boxes with text on the menu that's done in DHTML... uhm DHTML Menu Editor I am not sure if it has a trial version or if you know DHTML all by yourself =P

Kudos

Back