• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need help with a Company name

Fred

I'm trying to start my own web design and internet tools company. I've got the design and website already laid out, but I can't find a name suitable for the company.

I've had people tell me look for elements in a periodic table, and from there carry on. Well, I've tried that and it doesn't work.

Fred... It would be nice for the customer if you could use the name in your domain address. It would be easier for them to get back to the site. With that in mind, you will be limited to domains that are available or one of the new ones coming soon.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Also, do you think .com, .net, .org, .ws is a big deal? Would it be better to have a .com than a .ws (for instance)?

Yeah, so would I. But it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find something. Thats why I was asking, to the cutomer, would it really matter?

Well, if you can't find the .com, then try to get a .net, or a .org. I would stray away from .ws. Obviously you aren't going to get a one-word org/com/net, but be creative and combine words. There are some good names left, you just have to be creative.

I found a creative name when i was laying down and daydreaming about .. the long long ago ... when I used to play in the backyard with my cousins and we pretended we were ninjas with plastic swords... and then i was like.. *ding ding ding* and registered PlasticSword.com almost immediately. :)

hehe the idea of the periodic table is the one that came up with the name turbonium for that volkswagon car.. the names of elements in the periodic table can come up with catchy names i guess.. maybe try mixing the names with other words..

Back