• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need help setting up VPS.

gotlinks

I need help setting up *unmanged* vps.

so far the only thing installed is:

CentOS
Webadmin

anyone willing to help install what it needs?

FTP
MySql
PHP

and whatever else any typical VPS may need...

Thanks

Last edited:
Well, this is making a lot more sense now. I was trying to figure out why you wanted to share a VPS. I'll be honest, for $50 I would be willing to set this up for you. I view this as a fair amount of compensation for my time. Please PM me if you are interested.

Well, this is making a lot more sense now. I was trying to figure out why you wanted to share a VPS. I'll be honest, for $50 I would be willing to set this up for you. I view this as a fair amount of compensation for my time. Please PM me if you are interested.

Please stop trolling...

You do not know as much as you think.

my dsl is down, and I only have dial up for the next few weeks.

I was hoping to find somone considerate enough to do it. If I wanted to pay,
then I would have clearly stated that I was willing pay, and if i was willing to
pay, then I would just head on over to rentacoder and open a bid request.

Last edited:
Please stop trolling...

How would you know what my qualifications are? Those are my rates, they are expensive but my time is valuable and my schedule is swamped. If you don't want to take the offer, just say "Hey, I'm sorry but that's too expensive for me so I'll have to pass". You don't have to be rude about it and call me a troll or try demeaning my person.

Please stop trolling...

I was hoping to find somone considerate enough to do it. If I wanted to pay,
then I would have clearly stated that I was willing pay, and if i was willing to
pay, then I would just head on over to rentacoder and open a bid request.

What do you offer back in resturn? Can we just install Kloxo and give us a reseller?

I was hoping to find somone considerate enough to do it. If I wanted to pay, then I would have clearly stated that I was willing pay, and if i was willing to pay, then I would just head on over to rentacoder and open a bid request.

Aside from installing all of the software you listed, you'll also have the task of securing everything, general server configurations, etc. I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that you'll find anybody here who would be willing to set all of this up for nothing. It can be very time consuming if everything is done correctly.

I am not trolling, but howtoforge.com is so far the best place to seek for tutorials on setting up VPS and dedicated servers.
The tutorials at there are pretty simple and I believe that you will not have any problem understand it.
Those tutorials are usually showing you the simplest and fastest way to setup what you need.
And if you do not like my advice, then skip it, don't attack with any words.
I do not wish to see you using any vulgar words on any of the members here anymore!

Aside from installing all of the software you listed, you'll also have the task of securing everything, general server configurations, etc. I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that you'll find anybody here who would be willing to set all of this up for nothing. It can be very time consuming if everything is done correctly.

I realized that last night...when they say unmanaged, they really mean nothing is on the server, and
to top it off, not knowing to much about a server, and having no dsl is not helping...I have enough
issues with my own sites, I do not want to addon by bady-sitting the server, and that is what I would be doing....

I should have went managed care....

Just a word of warning, you'll want to secure it asap. Leaving a fresh box online is like sticking out a sore red thumb. Once they script kiddies start hitting it, they won't quit. And it usually doesn't take them long to discover an unsecured machine.

I realized that last night...when they say unmanaged, they really mean nothing is on the server, and
to top it off, not knowing to much about a server, and having no dsl is not helping...I have enough
issues with my own sites, I do not want to addon by bady-sitting the server, and that is what I would be doing....

I should have went managed care....

It is very obvious that an unmanaged VPS, means it only comes with the OS and everything else is not installed.
Because of not everyone uses VPS for hosting purpose, this is why the VPS will only comes with an empty OS without anything is setup.

I need help setting up *unmanged* vps.

so far the only thing installed is:

CentOS
Webadmin

anyone willing to help install what it needs?

FTP
MySql
PHP

and whatever else any typical VPS may need...

Thanks
how to install apache/mysql/php said:
Code:
yum install apache
yum install mysql
yum install php
yum install proftp
yum install dovecote
Code:
install Xamp
Code:
install cpanel ( they offer trial , install alone is enouf to get everything you need
Code:
appserv (same as xamp )
Code:
Lamp (linux apache mysql php)
Code:
webmin (freeware)
Code:
directadmin
Code:
kloxo ( is parrallels for linux if i am not wrong )

enjoy
as you can see , plenty of stuff to install what you need for a vps

ps: if i need to do it i charge to , but feel free to ask a quote

Greetings From PowerChaos

You could use Ubuntu with EHCP

I know that you are using CentOS, however, some VPS providers allow you to reinstall an OS or install an diffrent OS via their admin panel. If so, I would recommend using EHCP (http://ehcp.net) by switching from CentOS to Ubuntu and then running the install. It will get you up and running with everything in about an hour. Just a suggestion though. (Note: requires > 500MB RAM, so it may not be the best either).

Back