• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net

I need a list of things to get my hosting started...

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
Ok I am going to start my own small hosting company but I need to know what to buy/get before I start, I know most of it but I could use some advice. So far I have a

2U Rackmount, 733mhz p3, 512mb pc133ram 60gig hard drive.

My host is going to be a simple host with basic plans, $10 bucks a month for stuff like
50mb of space
5gb of transfer, you know just the basics! I won't be running off of a very fast line just buisness dsl but for what I plan on doing it will be fine...

Anyway what I am asking is what software do I need/should have? it is all windows based so let me know

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
Well two things, I won't charge quite that much for that sort of plan. And second Im not going to tell my customers that ;)

TinTin

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Well two things, I won't charge quite that much for that sort of plan. And second Im not going to tell my customers that ;)
youd have to be a very honest and silly buisness person to tell people they can get more for cheaper than they can from you.

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
I'm going to try and target people that want a simple, website/blogger sort of thing, people who don't need a ton of things, although I will have plans for larger websites, I think I will have a lot of my friends on it.