• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need a free host with the following

Macrowire

I know that this is almost imposible but maybe someone knows one.Other than f2s is there any host that offers banner free service with perl support. I need it for a IB forum!
Can anyone help?
Thanks
sincerely
Macrowire:cool:

Originally posted by whatevah
actually, I thought most sites don't insert ads into cgi scripts...
They find ways :) Trust me, I was on Hypermart for a while testing perl scripts and have you been to a hypermart site recently?!?

well, netfirms doesn't put ads into .asp right? so just make an .htaccess handler for .asp as a cgi-script. :D

nah.. my sites use plain 'ole html, for almost everything...

I was thinking of moving my domain to netfirms, but the banner ad made me change my mind.. just about killed my personal page.. I have my main personal page framed.. so, I wrote a simple perl script to show the frameset.... :)

that's actually the only time I've tried to evade a banner ad... and, my pages inside the frame show the ads anyhow...

uh... I'd think that they would put ads on those...

but, like I said.. I've only tried to evade the ads once. so, I don't have as much as certain *ahem* unnamed people. ;)

btw... we're getting off-topic... Peo don't like that, so.. lets stop

okay then, use ikonboard on netfirms, change the extension to ASP and edit the code so it'll say ikonboard.asp instead of ikonboard.cgi and add the apache handler :)

Hi needcgispace. How do you do this? how do i change the cgi to asp? please help! can you help me do it. I don't know if the Ikonboard supports asp or does it?
Thanks

asp is totally different... more like a mix between really fancy shtml, and php..

I'm getting tired, but I think it's also developed by microsoft.. (don't know why I'm thinking that... prolly wrong)

i mean just change the extension from .cgi to .asp and make a file called .htaccess and put it in that directory. edit ikonboard.asp as well and change anything that says ikonboard.cgi to ikonboard.asp

the .htaccess file should contain:

AddHandler cgi-script .asp

Originally posted by whatevah
asp is totally different... more like a mix between really fancy shtml, and php..

I'm getting tired, but I think it's also developed by microsoft.. (don't know why I'm thinking that... prolly wrong)

ASP is developed by Microshit and it is one of the most retarded languages since it requires knowledge of Visual Basic (which is pretty messed up) and it is far inferior to even ANSI C, IMHO ;).

Back