• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

i need a dedicated server Cheap!

i am looking for a server specs 750mhz 20gbs hard drive 500 gbs bandwith and a control panel of some kind. i am willing to pay less then $70 monthly. and no set up would be perferred.

A control panel already cost 40 - 70 a month and you need 500GB of Transfer monthly... it is very difficult to find this offer. :p

I have a dedicated server with redhat linux 7.2 (no cp + 300GB of monthly data transfer), that already cost $100 per month and $400 bucks setup fee!! :eek:

Originally posted by yuri35434
i am looking for a server specs 750mhz 20gbs hard drive 500 gbs bandwith and a control panel of some kind. i am willing to pay less then $70 monthly. and no set up would be perferred.

Hello,

http://www.fdcservers.net > they have servers for $49/mo. Check them out.

thanx for the help guys but you are right 500gbs is unfair but why don't these hosting companys offer unlimaated bandwith my cable gives a 1.5 mbs connect with unlimated banwith ands it only $20 a mounth.

thanx for the help guys but you are right 500gbs is unfair but why don't these hosting companys offer unlimaated bandwith my cable gives a 1.5 mbs connect with unlimated banwith ands it only $20 a mounth.

Your cable company gives you 1.5mbit in a shared pool. In basic terms you are not getting 1.5mbit of 1:1 connectivity as per a leased line is commonly given out. You are not guaranteed a specific amount of uptime. You are not guaranteed any form of latency or any form of QoS on the actual line.

Unlimited bandwidth is possible however not viable without unlimited funds at the moment.

500GB works out at around 1.5Mbit on 95% rule give or take. This based upon US Tier-1 transit pricing as a general rule would cost based upon just 1.5Mbit direct around $300-$500.

Try FDCServers its your best bet.

i don't live in the US i live in canada and they allow a server to be placed on the system.( a bunch of people i know have set up servers at home.)

i don't live in the US i live in canada and they allow a server to be placed on the system.( a bunch of people i know have set up servers at home.)

What ISP?

Hello,

Read what I said.
I outlined what you get and the difference between a cable connection and leased line connectivity.

Cable at $20/mo for 1.5Mbit/s with an non-guaranteed speed or uptime or latency isn't the same as a dedicated OC-3 full duplex line to a OC-48 SONET ring with on-net services with 9 major backbones is it? Also, providers guarantee a QoS.

This is WHY providers cannot offer 1.5Mbit/s of bandwidth for $20 per month on a actual basis - persuming you use it 24/7 it would equal around 500GB.

Last edited:

As I said before.
There are no other options other than RackShack that i'd recommend.
Both are provided as is "Un-managed".

Does anyone have any infomation on www.unitedcolo.com. How is their support/service etc?

Are there any other companies that offer dedicated service at a reasonable price. I am not looking for the cheapest, but reasonable. I would like to know about their support and service.

Thanks,

Mikie

Back