• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I made the big browser switch

Originally posted by trenzterra
I wonder how it would be like if Mozilla opened my jpg, gif and bmp files etc.
If you've got it open all the time or have quicklaunch enabled, it'll be just as fast as if you opened it with IE.

Yeah Mozilla is just as fast as IE for me, it is great. One thing I noticed though. It may be fixable but it doesn't scroll pages when you click on the mouse scroll wheel :( but besides that, that is my only complaint so far. Maybe I could program that into there source and send them a patch or something.

I'll have to download and check out Mozilla to see if I like it better than IE.

So far IE just has been a standard way I browse the web. I am a creater of habit.

Sometimes it takes something really cool to change my ways.
:)

HGW

for some reason on a site I visit frequently the "fixed" background isn't "fixed"
The reason why some background are fixed and others aren't is because some websites do it the correct way and others use IE proprietary "bgproperties" stuff.
it doesn't scroll pages when you click on the mouse scroll wheel
My mouse wheel scrolls the page. I don't ever use it, but it does. I've always been a fan of the up/down arrow keys, the page up/page down keys, and the home/end keys. I favor the keyboard more than I do the mouse.
I wonder how it would be like if Mozilla opened my jpg, gif and bmp files etc.
Well, I'd imagine it would open your JPEG, GIF, and BMP files. What do you mean what would it be like?

I see you've got yet another name, Needcgispace. Just can't settle, can you?

No no no, it scrolls with the mouse wheel it just doesn't scroll when you click, I too use the keyboard as much as possible, it saves a lot of time frome going back and forth

Originally posted by guitarnerd
No no no, it scrolls with the mouse wheel it just doesn't scroll when you click, I too use the keyboard as much as possible, it saves a lot of time frome going back and forth
that's the reason I like IE.

Click the wheel? When I click mine it brings up a little circular window. When you move the cursor under it, it scrolls down, over it, it scrolls up. The speed of the scroll increases the further from the circle you get.

re: scroll-wheel

I think it comes down to the mouse driver. Make sure you have the latest version of mouse drivers for your mouse.

mmm I better go update mine and see if what I just said will work......

I just downloaded Mozilla and it seems great. The only problem is however, that all the form input boxes (such as this reply box) are smaller than normal. Anyway to widen them a bit?

Also, where is the popup stopper located? Thanks.

They're smaller on purpose and it's not Mozilla that's doing it. vBulletin is coded in such a way to make it look incredibly small (and bad) in Mozilla/Netscape 6.

Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Scripts & Windows, uncheck "Open unrequested windows".

Originally posted by Dusty
Click the wheel? When I click mine it brings up a little circular window. When you move the cursor under it, it scrolls down, over it, it scrolls up. The speed of the scroll increases the further from the circle you get.
Yeah it doesn't do that in mozilla for some reason.

Lol no it is not the drivers, it works with everything else and I Really doubt windows XP will install wrong drivers on a microsoft explorer mouse.

Originally posted by guitarnerd

Yeah it doesn't do that in mozilla for some reason.

Lol no it is not the drivers, it works with everything else and I Really doubt windows XP will install wrong drivers on a microsoft explorer mouse.

"Everything else" is Microsoft right?

Just poked around the Mozilla preferences... Mozilla has some mouse settings... the Auto-scroll option is not included.

Originally posted by Warp

"Everything else" is Microsoft right?

Just poked around the Mozilla preferences... Mozilla has some mouse settings... the Auto-scroll option is not included.
that sucks.

And another thing I hate about Mozilla is that Geocities site don't display properly.

Mozilla is making me angrier and angrier I can't even go to my cpanel cause it is stupid. It won't load properly. Grr...to many bugs so far. I am almost ready to go back

I agree...I tried Moz...but it was about half the speed of IE. Probably cause I am using about 99% of my proccessor power all the time, and IE works better under those conditions.

Back