• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I made a mistake today.

hottweelz

b&
b&
I posted an offer and forgot the price!

Like an idiot LOL, I committed the crime that we ridicule everyone else for. Got my post deleted, must really be an off day.

What's everyone's opinions on those cut/paste offers that everyone else does.

I all of a sudden see a benefit, but always felt like they were way too cheesy.

Pros, Cons?

I hate these huge company speals about how long you've been around (not you, you! "points to the perosn who does this") and how you name every internet connection your ISP has, and all the techs girlfriends with their home phone numbers, IP addresses, and pictures. You get the point, just get right down to business with the offer, if the offer is good, the client will look on your site for the extra details. Simple as that.

I agree about the backstory. If I want that I'll go to your site and read it.

Something like this is what I would consider to be good. It contains the necessay information and nothing extra:

Plan Name
500 MB space
25 GB transfer
# domains
# mysql/email/ftp/whatever
control panel
price
http://myhost.com/plans

OK so I'll lose the temptation of templates... I never liked them... but also, I don't make mistakes. period. :p

Nothing wrong with templates... what you do is trim all the unnecessary fat from your plans, save them to a text file somewhere, and copy them into your posts where appropriate. ;)

Templates are an important tool... why do more work when you don't have to?

Bruce said:
Nothing wrong with templates... what you do is trim all the unnecessary fat from your plans, save them to a text file somewhere, and copy them into your posts where appropriate. ;)

Templates are an important tool... why do more work when you don't have to?

This is true. We could use template storage in VBulletin LOL

I once thought I had made a mistake.

As it turned out, I was in error.

No mistake was made.

Hmm, a good sales pitch is a must in any sales oriented and focused business. Anyone can pitch an offer to someone else but at least have a brief statement about why someone should choose your service offering over any one elses.

But, I totally agree with the complete listing drowning out the offer.

I wouldn't like a copy and paste job if I was looking for a host. I would expect them to read my requirements carefully and reply to my request. A simple search would show if it was a canned response and they would be struck off my list immediately.

I would probably cut and paste for the really low accounts. One thing I know for sure, is that sales people hear the same (pretty much) the same requests day in day out. Either the customer is looking for a reasonable package with basic features (maybe a slight request above normal here and there), speed, and reliablity, or some extreme amounts of bandwidth and disk space that couldn't fit on 10 servers. Further more, I really don't think people should post requests in the paid hosting section, because all anyone does is sell their own company. Open a section just for Free and paid hosting request, and leave the others as general discussion. I don't think that "company boosting" should be allowed aswell in the forum when people are looking for good providers, because one persons post may seem more appealing than the others but their stability, scalibility, and service may not be as good as the others. I call it appealing posts heheh

As far as people making their replys LONNG and DRAGGY. That is something that FSW should consider "overselling" :biggrin2: thus, the post should be deleted. There are some people in here that when they reply to a request thread, they list everything "Well so and so company has been around this long, we have 5 Million Terabytes on a OC990, we have 200 interconnects to the MMA, blah blah blah blah. Sarcasim ;) Anyway you guys get the point

HostFrog said:
I really don't think people should post requests in the paid hosting section, because all anyone does is sell their own company. Open a section just for Free and paid hosting request, and leave the others as general discussion.
But then the current free and paid hosting forums would be practically empty.

There honestly isn't a whole lot of discussions there.

Bruce said:
But then the current free and paid hosting forums would be practically empty.

There honestly isn't a whole lot of discussions there.

Thats merely because there is no section for this...when people visit the paid section forum, all they see are requests. If you post something in general discussions about hosting, the industry, news, or anything else its moved to paid hosting. Then members are like "Why are you posting here" it just makes things confusing. I think you would be suprised at the outcome of having a paid and free requests section only, and hosting discussions will get more popular. Just a suggestion

HostFrog said:
Thats merely because there is no section for this...when people visit the paid section forum, all they see are requests. If you post something in general discussions about hosting, the industry, news, or anything else its moved to paid hosting. Then members are like "Why are you posting here" it just makes things confusing. I think you would be suprised at the outcome of having a paid and free requests section only, and hosting discussions will get more popular. Just a suggestion

I suggested this a few weeks back but people didnt want it :cry2:. Now for that, take this :bkick:. :p
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83080

hottweelz said:
I posted an offer and forgot the price!

Like an idiot LOL, I committed the crime that we ridicule everyone else for. Got my post deleted, must really be an off day.

What's everyone's opinions on those cut/paste offers that everyone else does.

I all of a sudden see a benefit, but always felt like they were way too cheesy.

Pros, Cons?

class :eek:

Back