• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I know you guys hate these....

DavidsAwesome

Wait, What?
NLC
Theres a good chance I'm going to get back into hosting again... Now that I have a job it'll be less stressful in certain aspects.

What's the best billing script nowadays? When I left it was WHMCS all the way.... but I could see people shifting towards modernbill.

Of course, I'll have to still get some hands-on experience, but I was just wondering which is better in your opinion.

I need it to have a full customer interface, and be extremely user friendly. One of my problems with WHMCS was that it was a little confusing on the customers. I need automated payments with multiple gateways, and I need automatic setup.

Also, I'd like it to be affordable, of course. I'm not sure what price range I'm looking for, but If I remember correctly WHMCS was around $15 /month when we were doing it.

cpanel btw.

.....EDIT.... Modenbill is now plesk? WTF??

Last edited:
MB is good but expensive to get setup and can be confusing.

WHMCS has a slight issue with not billing people/applying credits at random once you hit about 100 active accounts; so beware.

I would say ClientExec only because of the WHMCS issues that are there. Same set of features. [i.e. auto setup, support...ect...ect]

I dont think anyone can really tell you what the "best" billing script is because everyone has there own opinion. I say try a couple and see what one you like more :D

[JSH]John;1031089 said:
I still think WHMCS is the best billing/support system. :)

I agree. There's a script in the WHMCS forums that help you monitor credit usage. You could also disable it altogether. Keeping an eye on the invoices but haven't had any such issues.

I say WHMCS but the credit issue and the lack of invoicing bugs are a big problem. I havent used any other billing system tho

I just did a CE demo, I don't like it.

WHMCS still looks the same as it always has.

The Parallels thing... no.

...WHMCS it is, I guess.

I just did a CE demo, I don't like it.

WHMCS still looks the same as it always has.

The Parallels thing... no.

...WHMCS it is, I guess.
Never really been a fan of anything Parallels and I used CE once for like 3 days and didnt like it so WHMCS is the best choice :)

Got a lot of time or looking seriously? Get modernbill

Looking cheap but workable? Get iPanel

Looking for somewhere in between? Go for WHMCS or ClientExec

I've used iHost and iPanel in the past. Now I use WHMCS, but I iHost and iPanel are pretty good alternate billing solutions. Also, you can get WHMCS for $12.95 at Licensepal instead of $15 at the WHMCS site.

I tried using CE but it's lack of domain features caused problems for my clients. Other than that, it's a nice billing/support system.

MB is good but expensive to get setup and can be confusing.

WHMCS has a slight issue with not billing people/applying credits at random once you hit about 100 active accounts; so beware.

The latest version has these practically 100% fixed.

[JSH]John;1031706 said:
I tried using CE but it's lack of domain features caused problems for my clients. Other than that, it's a nice billing/support system.

Yup, CE does lack a lot of features. That's why I switched to WHMCS :D.

The latest version has these practically 100% fixed.

Actually. No :p These issues that you experiance once you have many (Over 200 from my testing) clients/products are still there in the latest version, and have been there for the last 6+ months.

Matt at WHMCS still has no clue what is causing the issues, and at the moment, I would advise everyone to stay well away from it, why bother using it now - only to have to switch to CE/MB later on - when it will cost much more, and waste so much time moving everything over?

CE is good, but does take a little time to get used to. Once you get the hang, much better than WHMCS anyway.

Back