• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I know VirtualAve doesn't like UBB's....

HyperMart will run your iB. I ran a UBB on there for over a year and never had any complaints from them. I've had an iB on there for about 4 months now.

Hypermart and VirtualAve are the same company.

If you choose to embed the banners using the code they give you the popups will not appear and embeded banners are no where near as annoying.

Originally posted by Nick
Not really. Just owned by the smae people. HMart is by far better. [/B]

What makes you say that?
The features seem the same. Speed seems about the same. The adverts look the same.

Originally posted by laurie
What makes you say that?
The features seem the same. Speed seems about the same. The adverts look the same.

Hypermart is more flexible, they're [crappy] support is still better than VA's and at least the sites they list for help are the right ones. When the Go2 took over VA they slapped the HMart pages on VA and since they're mostly catered to HMart they don't work. For example, auto-cgi formmail is posted on VA but only works on HMart. What's up with that?

as a frequent visitor of the iB boards, I've heard stories about hypermart claiming IB takes up too much resources and deletes them

IkonBoard takes up much more resources when compared with UBB. Knowing this, VirtualAve/Hypermart would probably take off these boards.

Strange, Matt (the creator of iB) posted on the YaBB forums on how his message board was inefficient when compared with UBB. He said that this was what you get when you get something free.

Sure he wasn't talking about YaBB :)? I'm almost certain Ikonboard uses less resources. I'll have to ask him.

Originally posted by Coolin
Strange, Matt (the creator of iB) posted on the YaBB forums on how his message board was inefficient when compared with UBB.

While I think that UBB is a great board as far as features go, I doubt there is a board that is less efficient than it.

the board sucks and uses far too much cpu. You would think after all the complaints about it being a resource hog they would try make it lighter on the server.

Thing is most of the users and webmasters wont complain as they just rent the server space for $10/month.

They, like me, have no real idea on what resources the UBB is actually using.

Back