• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I keep getting these weird pop ups....

Willow

they are starting to worry me a little, especially since sometimes, like when I took this screen shot, I wasn't even on a web page. Does anyone else get these? Should I be worried? IS there any way I can get rid of them?
popup.jpg

do a search on "messenger serivce" and you should come up with plenty of info on how to get it disabled. There have been numerous threads about it in the past few weeks/months.

yeah, i also use to have that one before, but i forgot the link on how to remove it, jan told that to me maybe she still knows

Trillian is annoying because if your friend signs in as them on your trillian, they get all your contacts added, and when you sign back in you get theirs. Arg.

This is about the messenger service not Instant messengers...

Cure

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Double click the Messenger Service, change 'Automatic' to 'Disabled' and click the Stop button.

>>Trillian is annoying because if your friend signs in as them on your trillian, they get all your contacts added, and when you sign back in you get theirs. Arg.<<
Then don't let your friend sign in and/or create a profile for them. Works for me.

Back