• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I have 2 weeks in which to learn PHP...

Toefur

Two Sheds
NLC
... I have no prior knowledge with it, or any other programming languages, for that matter.

What is the best way to learn it?

Can anyone reccomend a heap of online tutorials that can help me out? Or will I not be able to get by with online tutorials, and will need to get a book on it?

If so, any particular book/s? I would rather not, though, because they are all so expensive. Cheapest php book I saw in the shops was $70au, and the average was over $100. :angry2:

I learned php w/o any book though I'm not yet really good with. Try php's big manual, it's all there. But if your looking for beginner to advance tutorials, try spoono, phpbuddy and freewebmasterhelp. I'm sure there's a lot more. You don't really need a book. You can learn them online ;)

Yeah, the manual in php.net seems informative.

PHP for dummies seems promising for beginners (as are all dummies books are), and dummies books here are around $50 SGD.

Well Beginning PHP 4 By Wrox is a great book. But ya it was 50 CAN which is about 30 USD

Get a book, as a reference. I find it good to look at parts of code, try to think of what it does. Most of the functions and everything are pretty self explanitory, show_source() for example :p

Back