• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I got high this weekend and completely regret it

Meksilon said:
That's why when you and everyone else here who uses marijuana says it should be legal I contend that as users you have no right to make such claims.
That's funny, I don't remember anyone here saying that marijuana should legalized.

Good on you, buddy. Keep making false claims, it only harms yourself.

jmiller said:
That's funny, I don't remember anyone here saying that marijuana should legalized.

Good on you, buddy. Keep making false claims, it only harms yourself.
Daniel said:
Too bad it'll be decriminalized in Canada, France, and Germany sometime in the near future.

Ironically, though it's illegal here, cops don't do a damn thing about and they couldn't care less.
Robert said:
Who is defending it? We're talking about it. We know it's illegal, we know it's illegal to grow, sell or smoke. So what? It also helps a lot of people who are pain daily, that is why some States in the U.S. and some countries allow marijuana to be used as medical drug. The long term affects of marijuana is memory loss, that is, you must spoke it everyday for 5 years in a row. Research has shown that cigaraette smoking is far worse: it's harder to quit, is linked to lung diease and carries that horrible smell with you.

Whereas marijuana, the worse you'll get a craving for munchies and a headache.
Gayowulf said:
Here in Canada posession is a real grey area right now. It seems like rather than deal with it (and the associated paperwork) the police choose to turn a blind eye, which is fine by me.

and I can attest to this fact from many personal experiences. In short, it's way safer to smoke dope where I live than it is to drink.
-Meksilon

I guess it's more of the way you talk assuming it shouldn't be illegal, rather than actually saying it should be legalized. Either way, if you all believed it should be illegal to possess or smoke pot then this discussion would have never started. For instance, at another forum I frequent located in Australia if someone asks for advice on backing up DVD's, always someone will point out that it's illegal. We don't give advice because it's illegal, we all know it's illegal, accept it and many (like me) believe in it.

You aren't helping your case any.

Not once did anyone say it should be legal. Nor was it even implied.

They all have a relaxed attitude towards marijuana use, they didn't express that it should be legal.

I think it's about time time we decriminalized dvd backups.....
anyway, on the topic 5 pages ago it doesn't sound that likely that what guitarnerd smoked was laced with anything, my worst experience involved throwing up twice and sitting on a toilet for 20 minutes with a constant head rush ie my vision was just black with coloured spots. A friend of mine once threw up constantly for about 15 minutes and apparently at one stage turned grey. On both occasions everyone else sharing was fine, it's the same as with alcohol, certain varieties for certain people under certain circumstances can result in pretty nasty things happening.

It may have been laced with some meth. Certain types change the way your nerves sense what is going on in your body i.e. being hot, burning sensations, fatigue

Meksilon said:
I guess it's more of the way you talk assuming it shouldn't be illegal, rather than actually saying it should be legalized. Either way, if you all believed it should be illegal to possess or smoke pot then this discussion would have never started. For instance, at another forum I frequent located in Australia if someone asks for advice on backing up DVD's, always someone will point out that it's illegal. We don't give advice because it's illegal, we all know it's illegal, accept it and many (like me) believe in it.

Look man, if you want something to bitch about, I'll give you a reason. I'm going to go kic some nuns in the shins and get the Pope ----ing loaded, then we're going to drive drunk, fly to Australia, sodomize a kangaroo, and piss on your house. Part of that directly affects you, the rest doesn't but is something you can complain about anyway.

Meksilon, there's a difference between a drug abuser and a drug user. There's also a difference between marijuana and other drugs.

What were you doing in a car when you know they smoke pot? That's like taking a ride in car with people who have been drinking.

I guess you have a problem with the pot user sub-culture. I'd put that in the same boat as being racist against blacks, because they commit most of the crimes, and they live in slums. The 2 are comparable, using your reasoning.

Daniel said:
What were you doing in a car when you know they smoke pot? That's like taking a ride in car with people who have been drinking.
1. Working, that's what I was doing. 2. They didn't start until on the road. 5+ hours on the road with a stoned driver is not my idea of a "harmless recreational drug". 3. They would all classify themselves as drug users, not drug abusers. I do not believe there's any difference. Well I might, in that people who take prescription medicine, or other drugs purposefully (like taking paracetamol) I would classify as a drug user. I would classify a drug abuser as anyone who takes drugs without a clear need to, including taking drugs for "recreational use".

Blank Verse said:
Look man, if you want something to bitch about, I'll give you a reason. I'm going to go kic some nuns in the shins and get the Pope ----ing loaded, then we're going to drive drunk, fly to Australia, sodomize a kangaroo, and piss on your house. Part of that directly affects you, the rest doesn't but is something you can complain about anyway.
You should marry The Pope. And on your honeymoon smoke copious amounts of marijuana and misquote Green Day songs. That would really get Meksilon's knickers in a twist.

Meksilon said:
1. Working, that's what I was doing. 2. They didn't start until on the road. 5+ hours on the road with a stoned driver is not my idea of a "harmless recreational drug". 3. They would all classify themselves as drug users, not drug abusers. I do not believe there's any difference. Well I might, in that people who take prescription medicine, or other drugs purposefully (like taking paracetamol) I would classify as a drug user. I would classify a drug abuser as anyone who takes drugs without a clear need to, including taking drugs for "recreational use".

Whatever. I don't care anymore.

Good luck getting harsher laws on marijuana in Aussie land. I'll just enjoy my couple spliffs while your at it.

Hobo said:
That was weed plus PCP...you done ----ed up esentially.

Ive always wanted to quote myself....anyways it appears I done ----ed up. I talked to some people about this because the vaporizer thing intrigued me and apparently when you use it...it is a different kind of high. Often times it can be kind of like what you described. I lose.

christ, who cares about making stronger enforcements for drug use of such a harmless drug like marijuana (compared to other drugs)? at least it seems to me that it's almost harmless compared to anything else out there (i could be mistaken). going for stronger enforcement against this sort of drug use would only further distract police and enforcement from far more serious business.

plus, enforcement from the end (stopping drug users) is extremely ineffective; it's not going to stop anyone. it'll result in arresting one person in the thousands. that's not going to scare anyone. that's not going to move massive numbers to quit it. what is more effective is stopping from the roots (dealing, importing), which law enforcements do focus on and would much rather focus on; it's more effective, as it stalls supply and spread.

jmiller said:
You should marry The Pope. And on your honeymoon smoke copious amounts of marijuana and misquote Green Day songs. That would really get Meksilon's knickers in a twist.

I can't marry the Pope. I just don't like Germans...

stabme said:
plus, enforcement from the end (stopping drug users) is extremely ineffective; it's not going to stop anyone. it'll result in arresting one person in the thousands. that's not going to scare anyone. that's not going to move massive numbers to quit it. what is more effective is stopping from the roots (dealing, importing), which law enforcements do focus on and would much rather focus on; it's more effective, as it stalls supply and spread.

It's just that the American gov't spends a lot of tax payer's money on the war against drugs(they're mostly interested cocaine and heroin) and the amount of illegal smuggling of these drugs into the country increased since they started fighting. Ironic isn't it.

They try too hard, and it obviously doesn't work, but they continue to pay massive amounts of money in combatting a lost cause. Might aswell legalize the entire damn thing and tax it. :rolleyes:

And the great thing is, even if they legalize it, it still counts as DWI/DUI if you're going to get high & drive .

Bop-bop-bop-bop

It is bigperm's take on this thread that is WAY too long. If only I remembered how to ignore somebody... I think I even started a thread telling people how to do it, and here I am scrolling through absurd post by some people that I could care less about.

Number one thing I want to say is this:

When people talk about how terrible weed is... it give people who don't really know the wrong idea about drugs all together. When everybody says 'Weed is bad, It destroys families, It's like driving drunk' etc, etc... then these kids these days smoke some weed and realize that it's not that big of a deal. So, if they said weed was terrible, and it isn't that bad... well... they said that coke was terrible... so it mustn't be that bad either.

But coke is terrible. So many multiples worse than weed that putting them in the same category is outright dishonesty.

Moving on however...

Drinking and getting high = bad time
Not only does getting high while you're drunk make the world spin in a clockwise fashion, it's a bad idea altogether when you don't know what you are doing/smoking.

Illegal underground drugs don't go through any type of regulatory inspection or any standards... so it is vitally important to know/trust your source and make informed descisions about what to but into your body. Saying 'okay, I'll hit it... I'm already drunk anyway' is poor descision making and bad drug ethics.

However it sounds like 'lesson learned' so it's a moot point in the present case.

In addition, after smoking weed everyday for around five years straight and then quiting... here is a message to stoners... it is okay to not get high all the time. Cartoons are still awesome, and you can remember where your keys are.

Daniel said:
It's just that the American gov't spends a lot of tax payer's money on the war against drugs(they're mostly interested cocaine and heroin) and the amount of illegal smuggling of these drugs into the country increased since they started fighting. Ironic isn't it.

They try too hard, and it obviously doesn't work, but they continue to pay massive amounts of money in combatting a lost cause. Might aswell legalize the entire damn thing and tax it. :rolleyes:

The primary goal of the U.S. Government is to stop illegal drug smuggling into the U.S., and their hard work has paid off. Most of the marijuana purchased in the U.S. is grown in the U.S.

They have been very successfull in cutting back the amount of imported narcotics, especially at our major sea ports like Port Everglades in South Florida.

Just because in your opinion it's a lost cause, doesn't mean they should stop. If they didn't try to stop as much as possible, we'd be a worse position. Because of their hard work and continue hard work, they've managed to clean up many neighborhoods and schools throughout this country. It's not a lost cause and the money used is well spent. They spend about 20 Billion (what's 20 Billion to the U.S? That's chump change compared to our other financial spendings that are not directed affecting this country) a year, arrest about 2 Million people per year for drug offenses, and this isn't including anyone arrested for marijuana, that # is around 700,000 to 1 million.

America's goal isn't to remove Marijuana. While they believe marijuana is a "gateway" drug to harder drugs like meth, coke, heroine and others, they do not feel that marijuana is that harmful, but it is still illegal. They want to rid our streets of that harder drugs. They also don't want you selling drugs. Just because you have marijuana doesn't get you arrested, if you have a small quanitity of it, they'll write you a ticket and you'll be on your way.

And finally, another major reason for our War on Drugs is the spread of diseases such as HIV. It's nasty to see crack users sharing needles, not caring what the last person has in their blood stream so they can enjoy an hour of being high.

Back