• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I cater to yuppies now

syd

NLC
NLC
I finally quit that Chinese restaurant job, now I work at - Starbucks! Yes, I shall serve you a Tall, Grande or Venti.

I remember the first time I went to starbucks (aside from applying), a week ago, and ordered a medium drink. The girl gave me a snotty look and said, "You mean a GRANDE!??".

Maybe I will be a good addition, I won't be so snotty to people :mad:

I heard the name before....

And snooty people are OK, have enough of them round here so you get used to people thinking there god or atleast above the "average" person with the ability to do what they want , when they want...

Anyhow, good luck :)

No shortage of yuppies in vancouver. Especially in Starbucks.

Whenever i think of starbucks i think of two things: art fags in berets sipping latte, and those 3 starbucks' on opposing corners on Robson street.

Originally posted by Gayowulf

those 3 starbucks' on opposing corners on Robson street.

You know, the only starbucks here is downtown... :p

Quebec french laws are useful at times. :D

When i think of Starbucks, I think of this one Borders Booksellers in Suburbia Marietta which has a Starbucks built in the side....they have good coffee.........

No shortage of yuppies in vancouver. Especially in Starbucks.

Whenever i think of starbucks i think of two things: art fags in berets sipping latte, and those 3 starbucks' on opposing corners on Robson street.

Three?? I thought there was only two. I'm not suprised though. Not to mention going down the street and you pass at least 4 more starbucks (including TWO in Chapters bookstore)

All I have to say to you syd is:

Welcome to hell. There are no worse customers than yuppies. I guess you should be thankful you aren't working at futureshop or something like that, cause that'd be bad too.

The last 2 times I went to Future Shop were quite different; The first time i was just looking, but had salespeople jumping me every 5 minutes. the second time i actually wanted to buy something, and needed help with the purchase, but no one came.

then the cashier had facial hair, and the guy that took the desk out to my truck had a lisp and waddled which really freaked me out. its either yuppies bearded hags, or art fags.

then the cashier had facial hair, and the guy that took the desk out to my truck had a lisp and waddled which really freaked me out. its either yuppies bearded hags, or art fags.

exactly. Some of the customers scare me too. They pull out wads of cash cause they accidentally misplaced their credit card in there somewhere. It's annoying. Being poor is annoying, too, but I can't control that so much.

Originally posted by syd
I finally quit that Chinese restaurant job, now I work at - Starbucks!
Good, now can you please tell me the exact ingredients in one of those Mocha Frappacino thingies? I don't seem to make a great one here :(

I used to get those with two cap shots, a shot a vanilla, and some chocolate ground up in them (they used to have some dark chocolate of some sort, don't seem to anymore). That used to wake me up.

I need to make the same thing at home, but I'll settle for the stock mochafrapp thingie and experiment from there.

Re: Re: I cater to yuppies now

Originally posted by Chicken

Good, now can you please tell me the exact ingredients in one of those Mocha Frappacino thingies?
1/2 cup espresso
2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbls. pectin
1 pinch cocoa powder
2 Tbls. chocolate chips

Re: Re: I cater to yuppies now

Originally posted by Chicken

Good, now can you please tell me the exact ingredients in one of those Mocha Frappacino thingies? I don't seem to make a great one here :(

Hell, I don't know. I don't know how to make any of the stuff. I'm not a coffee person! I am only on the till right now to start off, and cleaning. I think tuesday night, I learn how to make stuff.

Re: Re: Re: I cater to yuppies now

Originally posted by syd
I think tuesday night, I learn how to make stuff.
It is Tuesday night now eh? Tonight's the night!

*taps nervously awaiting the secret receipe*

Whatever happened to the Assistant Manager's position at Burger King? Our great cover letter editing skills didn't automatically get you the job? :(

Burger King doesn't open for at least 2 months still. I just wanted to leave the Chinese place!

Back