• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I am nearly crying !!

pro5ject

NLC
Shit man, the most scaryist thing just happend.

I was sitting at my living room window watching very heavy rain, and a storm (which I tend to like, but this one seemed all to close).

When suddenly out the blue, a lightening bolt hit a metal railing in my front garden.

The room seemed to shake, like a massive lorry had been dropped from a height, only meters away from my house.
The table in my living room moved, and knocked a few things over (a cup, and picture frame).

I was very scared, now I am glad I hadn't gone outside to watch.

Looking at the railing now, it seems to be very distorted, almost like it has been welded badly (a odd mass of ball shapes have appeared).

I am very surprised the electric hasn't powered out, like it normally does to a storm further away.

Scary.......

wow...
that is really something to be scared about. I know i'd be thanking my lucky stars. thinking on the positive side at least you have a really good story to tell everyone and have a object to back it up with.

Do you think it's a message from God? Heh, j/k. Must've been quite an experience for ya, pro5ject, I'd be just as shocked (no pun intented). We're here for emotional support if you need it. :wink2:

Last edited:
Woh man that would of been freaky.. i had the same thing happen to me.. except it was man mad electricty thingo blowing up. Talk about a flash bang

My dad's truck was struck by a ligtning on the CB antenna last summer.

The pizza was black when he opened the microwave after, heh.

When I first moved to georgia, I walked into the kitchen just in time for the oven to short out and sent a blue bolt of electricity straight for the wall. Left a hefty mark.

Demigod said:
Do you think it's a message from God? Heh, j/k.

No, it was a message from me telling him to get back to work :p
Next time you're goofing off dazing out the window, it'll be your chair :D

And what is the real conclusion:
Save your work every 2 minutes, cause you won't even understand when something blows your computer:)

john_drake said:
And what is the real conclusion:
Save your work every 2 minutes, cause you won't even understand when something blows your computer:)
When it blows you won't get to access it anymore anyway unless the HDD didn't get it.

That must have made an almighty noise being so close :nervous: We have a lot of thunderstorms here in the wet season and some are close enough to rattle the windows, but I can't imagine what it would be like that close.

Jan said:
That must have made an almighty noise being so close :nervous: We have a lot of thunderstorms here in the wet season and some are close enough to rattle the windows, but I can't imagine what it would be like that close.
True, closest it ever got was the lightning conductor.

Back