• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How's yahoo domain?

junz

Hi, every1:
I'm thinking to buy a cheap domain these days, and I did some search job, and I found yahoo is sell $5 domains. Is anyone using yahoo's this service? How do you feel? I want to get some more ideas. Thanks!

Well firstly you may do what you wish but I would advise against Yahoo. I would have to say NetFirms.com is the cheapest right now. Their domains are going for $4.95 right now. They offer a ton of stuff and you can even change your name servers if you want. I just recently bought three domains from them. No matter who you go with. Do your research, for customer support speed, everthing

u also might want to consider namecheap.cpm even tho its not $5 it offers great services with a wide choice of payment method i recent got some domains from them and was pleased you could check them out.

Although they do not offer 5 dollar domains I was directed to and now direct all my clients to Godaddy.com They offer some great support and quick turn-overs. If you are willing to spend a few more dollars go with go daddy.

Hostguide. To my knowledge and I could be wrong so do not hold me to this but namecheap.com and netfirms.com both offer just about the same services with netfirms being cheaper.

I am not really impresssed with godaddy.com. I would have to choose netfirms.com. Some companies will give you a low price for monthly (not sure which) but they charge u yearly for it. It is of course as anyone will telll you, it is your decisions entirely.

I like godaddy for basic services, however if you wanted to install the latest phpBB on your site, you couldnt. godaddy is not up to par in the language support arena, I know, because that is the reason I switched. Anyone use OMNIS?

overulehost said:
Namecheap and godaddy allow you to edit the nameservers but i think netfirms doesn't.

NetFirms.com does allow you to change or as you say edit the name servers cause I have three domains through netfirms.com but my name servers are pointed to someone else.

Romeo18 said:
NetFirms.com does allow you to change or as you say edit the name servers cause I have three domains through netfirms.com but my name servers are pointed to someone else.

oh,ok ,thanks..

so they accept paypal ? it is easier for me as i have a lot of clients paying with paypal

Unfortunately they don't accept paypal right now for some reason. Although they could always do what I did and purchase a prepaid credit card and just link it to their paypal account.

Go with namecheap.com they have good support and have tons of features. You can also use their nameservers if you don't want to use your own. I am not too impressed by godaddy or by netfirms too much.

other than 1and1.com, netfirms has been the best domain registrar I have found yet. I am not to impressed by namecheap.com

namecheap is the best i have to say. great support times. they accept paypal. Free Whois Guard. Nameservers attaching to a host is quick aswell.

Godaddy is better I find. They accept Paypal too now, and not just in paypal (you can do instant transfer from bank if you're verfied)

Regards,

Back