• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How?

@Narutokk:
To make an online game you need a game server first, and that is hard to get without paying for a dedicated game server, please be aware of that.

To make a game server you need to have a game that can be used as a multiplayer online game, like the 3d engine games (WoW, Guildwars etc.etc)

If you refer to really 'making' a game then you need to have a whole team of programmers to develope a mmorpg. (This will take a long time and a lot of experience is needed)

Do you have any game in mind that you want online ? In that way your question can be answerred more in detail !

Kind regards,
PaulP.

Last edited:
i don't understand your question, which one are you asking...
-how can i set up a server for online games?
or
-how do i make/program/code an online game?

Wasn't RuneScape coded by two people in their spare time? To make a successful game you don't really need a whole team of developers and some deep pockets, just some programming proficiency (Java might help?) and a strong will to finish the project. The money and team thing would help a lot, though. ;)

well,

You can code Java
You can code Mysql, and PHP
Or you can code Visual Basic

To make a game but you will need some knowledge i made a game a while back and it took me 3 - 4 days to make it cool and i killed it 2 weeks later so if your going to do this make sure you got the time and the money... it wont come cheap!

If you have trouble with English, using all caps and numerous question marks always helps get your point across.

well,

You can code Java
You can code Mysql, and PHP
Or you can code Visual Basic

To make a game but you will need some knowledge i made a game a while back and it took me 3 - 4 days to make it cool and i killed it 2 weeks later so if your going to do this make sure you got the time and the money... it wont come cheap!

Or you can use C, or C++. Was Cg ever adopted widely?

Johnson: Dude, chill.

Simple really... just download open source/commercial game scripts available on the Internet, get a decent web host, and install the game script.

Or of course, you can make one from scratch if you have the required skills. But if you had, you probably won't be asking here.

stop saying that.... it's not going to happen if you say this belongs in the threads to remember category. Bah!

Back