• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How very odd

Dusty

NLC
NLC
How very odd. I was browsing around the forum when all of the sudden the dates on the general board leapt into the future five hours. All the other dates remained unchanged and, after reloading, the dates here returned to normal as well. Still, a bit of a surprise.

I think I shall have a cupcake.

Attachments

• attach.gif
    attach.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 77
Originally posted by Dusty
How very odd. I was browsing around the forum when all of the sudden the dates on the general board leapt into the future five hours. All the other dates remained unchanged and, after reloading, the dates here returned to normal as well. Still, a bit of a surprise.

I think I shall have a cupcake.
Bored are we?

As made clear by the attachment, yes, but that doesn't make my claim about the dates here any less true.

Eleven fifty five, almost midnight. Enough time for one more story. One more story before twelve, just to keep us warm. In five minutes it will be the twenty-first of April. One hundred years ago on the twenty-first of April out in the waters around Spivey Point a small clipper ship drew toward land. Suddenly, out of the night, the fog rolled in. For a moment, they could see nothing-- not a foot ahead of them. Then they saw a light, by God, it was a fire! burning on the shore, strong enough to penetrate the swirling mist. They steered a course toward the light, but it was a campfire-- like this one! The ship crashed against the rocks, the hull sheered in two, the mast snapped like a twig! The wreckage sank, with all the men aboard. At the bottom of the sea lay the Elizabeth Dane with her crew, their lungs filled with salt water, their eyes open, staring into the darkness, and above, as suddenly as it had come, the fog lifted, receded back across the ocean, and never came again. But it is told by the firshermen and their fathers and grandfathers that when the fog returns to Antonio Bay the men at the bottom of the sea out in the water by Spivey Point will rise up and search for the campfire that lead them to their dark, icy death. Twelve o'clock, the twenty-first of April.

So in other words, the cupcake had sat out a little too long and its icing had become a bit tough, but otherwise it was good.

Back