• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to write "auto homepage" script?

Weirds

Weird Member
NLC
Can someone tell me how to write a "Auto Homepage" script?

I mean I want the browser set it by itself.

So, how?

He means he wants someone to tell him how to make IE automatically set his website as your "START" page when IE loads up....

I would tell you but that shit annoys me :p

Mekhu

I agree with the above. If someone wants to make your site their homepage (very unlikely), this will show the prompt "Do you want to set this page as your homepage?" This is for IE5+...probably IE6 too but dunno...try it.

<!--[if IE]>
<small><a class="chlnk" style="cursor:hand;font-weight:bold;color:blue;font-family:arial" HREF onClick="this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage(window.location);">Click here to make this your default homepage!</a></small>
<![endif]-->

Btw...There is a way to sneak it in without the user knowing (I've had it happen to me without the prompt)...but they've discovered their flaw and it doesn't work in IE6. You could use this service called startblaze that advertises your site to thousands every 2-3 times your/their browser is opened...Soon, you have thousands of pre-set homepages opening up creating even more traffic...Dunno if it can really be done...(sorry...my mind has gone diabolical and its a rotten way to get traffic...but this seems the norm these days...I've probably been influenced)...You'd probably be better off rewarding them with an entrance to your monthly contest ($1000 or whatever) to get legit referrals...Depending on your site, the $1000 may be a drop in the bucket compared to what you'll make from the referrals...Dig, daddy-o? :cool:

Last edited:
Back