• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how to use ssh ??

megapuzik

Hello.
I need to develop a project in sourceforge.net and I need to upload my files in my dir's, the only way I can upload the files are in ssh...
I tried to read the sourceforge docs, but they all sucks !
Where can I learn how to use it, im complete newbie to SSH and really want to start developing my project.

THANX !!!

Start>>>Run>>>in run type in: telnet.exe

then connect to their server and your on your own. :D

SSH is a secure shell. Pretty much just a more secure telnet, but nonetheless it is different.

Originally posted by Phrozen
SSH is a secure shell. Pretty much just a more secure telnet, but nonetheless it is different.

so they do pretty much the same thing, right??

what does SSH stand for anyways, I'm think it stand for server-side hell :biggrin2:

Originally posted by is0lized
eh, us linux users already have SSH :)

plus if you cant use SSH you shouldnt use linux... hehe
Im on a win :)
anyway, I need someway to update my project site :confused2
and sourceforge give access to SSH only :devious2:

Actually, you can opt to not have openssh installed, but that's besides the point.

I like emacs better. :confused2

There is absolutely no difference between the two except the connection method. One is encrypted, the other is not. Once you are connected to a server, it's exactly the same thing from then on out. With SSH, everything being sent to and from you and the server is encypted.

Oh yeah, if you need a quick way to write a new file [with the assumption that you won't make any mistakes], use "cat > newfile.extension", and hit Enter and Ctrl-D when you're done.

Back