• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to use Phenominet?

sannie

I have a small HTML site but I am hosting compressed (500Kb) .wav files for other students to use as BG music on their free web pages. I signed up with Phenominet for 30Gig/mon transfer. I went to my site and alls I see is "Your page goes here". Where's the File Manager so I can manage my files. How do you log in? I sent email but got no response.

Thanks

you dont know how to use ftp:confused:

you should of got a welcome email from them how to use it....

ftp addy name / pass dir to put your files

Thanks for the reply. I have ftp'd my files to the /public_html
But when I go to my site I still don't see anything. I know how to use FTP. My question was where is the File manager? Or do I manage my files using FTP? I'm confused. I guess I should just cancel this account.

:confused2

your going to give up that quick?

have you named you file index.html and tried that, also does it say if they have a file manager or not? have you read their faq nd their support docs?

i really dont want to hold your hand and go step by step, but i think you should look into it more before you whine about it...

Well, I read in another thread basically the same issues I am exploring with you here. Phenominet sets up manually. I'm not whining but geocities is so much easier.

And why don't you want to hold my hand? all the other boys do ;)

Originally posted by sannie
Well, I read in another thread basically the same issues I am exploring with you here. Phenominet sets up manually. I'm not whining but geocities is so much easier.

And why don't you want to hold my hand? all the other boys do ;)

:rolleyes:

How much is the 30 GB data-transfer plan :confused2

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

:rolleyes:

How much is the 30 GB data-transfer plan :confused2

Here's the info below:

30GB/month guaranteed
Free domain name with one year signup!
200 MB of web space
Free web site design wizard
Free subdomain name (yourusername.phenominet.com)
20 POP3/IMAP EMail accounts (accessible via WWW)
FTP Access
Unlimited EMail forwarding
Access to our CGI Libraries
Unlimited graphical counters
Real Audio Server support
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support (This lets you do e-commerce safely)
Frontpage 2000 support
Server Side Includes support
PHP/FI 3.0/4.0 server side scripting support
PostgreSQL and MySQL Support
Many other Business Solutions available, including network support and PC installation.
Daily backup guaranteed
Redundant power grid & connection
Free graphical usage statistics

$19.99

I just signed up with Genius-Hosting for their $1.00=1 Gig plan. I'll let U know how it goes. He's a cool kid :)

* Ahem * :rolleyes: (drum roll please) :D

I have solved the prob. How? I simply replaced my default file with the index.html file. Lol! I know is0lized advised me to do that but I hesitated cus I didn't think it was that simple :classic2:

Now my site is up and humming again. My other site is on Geocities and the meter is still running atabout 85 Mb's per hour :angry2: Could Geocities be scamming me? I moved the bandwidth-leeching site off of Geocites so shouldn't their meter stall or sumthin?

* Ahem * :rolleyes: (drum roll please) :D

I have solved the prob. How? I simply replaced my default file with the index.html file. Lol! I know is0lized advised me to do that but I hesitated cus I didn't think it was that simple :classic2:

Now my site is up and humming again. My other site is on Geocities and the meter is still running atabout 85 Mb's per hour :angry2: Could Geocities be scamming me? I moved the bandwidth-leeching site off of Geocites so shouldn't their meter stall or sumthin?

Maybe it's broken :confused:

Yes, everything in Phenominet is manual, but their tech support is so awesome it doesn't matter.

Phenominet is very dependable and the prices are great. If you need anything set-up, e-mail them and they will set it up for you.

You can PM or e-mail me too, I've been with them for a while and I know how their stuff works.

Originally posted by Myacen Network

Maybe it's broken :confused:

Hey Myacen, I e-mailed U. Did ya get it?

Originally posted by Archbob
Yes, everything in Phenominet is manual, but their tech support is so awesome it doesn't matter.

Phenominet is very dependable and the prices are great. If you need anything set-up, e-mail them and they will set it up for you.

You can PM or e-mail me too, I've been with them for a while and I know how their stuff works.

Thanks Archbob. I will definitely do that :classic2:

Originally posted by is0lized
they are also an adult host ;)

Well, I'm an adult, so that works for me :D

Hey Myacen, I e-mailed U. Did ya get it?

Probably not :D, any emails that were routed to myacen's website would have not got through (DNS change). Though we are expecting a heavy influx of emails when the site does get up and running.

Back