• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to transfer?

Hamed

I have database over 500MB in cPanel I want to transfer it to an other server Cpanel.
I don't know how?
I don't have SSH for this job.

Ask your host to do it for you.
If you do a total backup, and try to import it it'll most likely fail due to it's size. Or you could manually go through bit by bit importing it.

You press line2 to put the inbound call on hold, then press line1 and speed dial the outbound number, then after you explain the situation to the outbound line, you press conference and introduce line1 to line2, then you press release to get yourself out of there.

Not sure if this will help you help you ;) you can gzipp entire database through phpMyAdmin and just restore it back at new location.

Not sure if this will help you help you ;) you can gzipp entire database through phpMyAdmin and just restore it back at new location.

Nah, that'd be a little hard due to the filesize restrictions in phpMyAdmin.

I suggest using PHP to FTP a backup of the database to the new server, then execute that database backup using exec in PHP. This way it uses the server's backend which is faster, as it doesn't need to keep sending information to you.

Makes it easier, since you don't really want to download then upload the file again.

It's a little tricky but well worth it.

I would recommend just backing up via cpanel and moving using wget to new server and restore there. However sometimes mysql is too big for this. If it is do all of the above but then use these commands

BACKUP : mysqldump -u username -p databasename > databasename.sql

wget <link to db>

RESTORE : mysql -u username -p databasename < databasename.sql

Hope this helps!

Ask your host to run this command from SSH
Code:
mysql -u yourdbusername -pyourdbuserspassword databasename < /home/yourusername/sql.sql

Back