• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to stop TopText program from changing links on your web site.

jkcity

I would recomend that any webmaster that don't want thier links changed by this program which is quite prolific read the article at http://slashdot.org/features/01/07/31/2015216.shtml
which tells you how you can stop it.

If you can't be bothered to read all that it basically comes down to doing this.

"Assaf Henkin of eZula told me the only way to keep TopText links from marring our sites was to email all domain names we wanted blocked to:

support@ezula.com"

I read about that at geekvillage.com. I have sent an email to them but what is the gurantee that they will actually block my domain?

Originally posted by lastactionhero
I read about that at geekvillage.com. I have sent an email to them but what is the gurantee that they will actually block my domain?

I guess there is no guarantee we can only hope, we will see cause they will have got lost of emaisl today, in afct in a couple of weeks I don't see how there will be any company left with most doamins most likely to ask to be blocked.

Maybe the company was never set up to make money only to bring attention to thier other downloads.

I would hate to think we would have to go through this process every few weeks though as new companys try to lauch these types of programs.

I would have posted this message myself at geekvillage but sadly my posting abilitys have been removed, and if any one is wondering why I osted this at multiple forums it is because I knwo not all webmasters move around each board so figured it was the best way to tell everyone.

Back