• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to setup php-Nuke on F2S?

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
I have absolutely no knowledge of MySQL... I don't know how to set it up (the installation instructions were mainly for linux users).
H-E-L-P!! Thanks... :)

Firstly, upload all phpnuke files to your site
after doing that, go to web-based mysql administration menu
that is on http://www.freedom2surf.net/db

NOTE: server name have to be db.yourname.f2s.com

after logging in, click on your database name (you can see if you r not blind)

you can see RUN SQL query on the page
click the browse button and select nuke.sql from your harddrive
then click ok
after doing that your database is now ready for phpnuke
Username: God
Pass: Password -> this is the default password
you must change it
that's all
if u cant do, mail raistlin@gamebox.net

Thanks for you help! :) I'll do that once I have time...

One more question. What does the PORT 3306 do? Is it very important?

ports are just ports they are interchangeable

some have standard uses ie 21 is ftp but you could use 21 for something else if you want and have ftp on port 666

So there's no need for me to include the port number in the script or anything like that?

by default it should go to that port, 3306.

tell me how you like php-nuke, because i am making a script like that for my own website, because i find php-nuke hard to customize on my development computer.

have a good one!

Originally posted by LeX
I have absolutely no knowledge of MySQL... I don't know how to set it up (the installation instructions were mainly for linux users).
H-E-L-P!! Thanks... :)

oh yeah, if you go to the MySql website and the php website to download their programs and documentation, you will have a really fun time making your own dynamic scripts like IP blocking, password protection, bbs, and news page. When I have my page up I will try to contact you to see how you like it! I love it!

Re: Re: How to setup php-Nuke on F2S?

Originally posted by roblev
oh yeah, if you go to the MySql website and the php website to download their programs and documentation....
My eyes got all strained by just seeing all the links to the documentations... I might take time to read it later, but then again, school's starting... :mad:
I'll let you know how customization goes with php-Nuke after I have it up and running. :)

Thanks for that information, GrassHopper.

Back