• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how to Increase your Pagerank?

Link less than six things in your sig. Then Google concentrates more on the one or two you have there.

How do you even get a page rank to start with?? I am listed in Google, but when you use the PageRank tools, it just comes up with 0...

If you want page rank, get more links in, preferrably from pages that don't have many links out already. Read up on PR theory, there's tons of information out there.

Better yet, don't worry about PR, because in the end you can get to the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) without any PR at all. Do you want real traffic or do you want PR which is often just used to brag to other webmasters ?

lilgee - If you want that, get a DECENT site, Quit using cheap free Top sites. No one uses Top Sites anymore, Get a REAL website and you'll get REAL people. That simple.
As for the theories on Google's PR theorem, it is unknown how it works EXACTLY. Although my friend has got his *PERSONAL* website to PR 7, He claims he has an idea of how it works and I believe him. ;)

download the google tool bar then link exchange with many sites that have a PR also submit your site to many free diretorys then on the next update you will have a PR of at least 1 the higher the PR linking to your site the better but remember that PR only mattes to google not yahoo and msn.

Here are a few tips:

- have great content (you'll get lots of natural inbound links this way)
- submit your site to directories
- participate on message boards (with sig linking to your site)
- write articles and submit to directories such as ezinearticles.com and www.articleworld.net

In my opinion, Your website should get high traffic to get popular and hence to increase your pagerank.
I agree with weblaunch. I would like to add few effective points for local advertisement.
a) You should make your site more visible adding rich contents and should update it regularly.
b) You should publish press releases of your business on Internet for free and in relevant local newspapers and magazines.
c) You should be aware of keywords placing in metatags so as to get good rank in serch engines.

well make it seo friendly :p
have .html pages...meta tags and use all the techniques like that so its easy for search engines 2 surf ur site...
I duno how my site got pr3..cuz i didnt do anything..but since i know abt PR stuff now..i have been trying to increase it to pr 5 or something but it wont work..so my theory is that just forget abt it and u will get the pr without u having 2 do alot :p

Apart from Inktomi, no other search engine bothers about meta tags.
In case of link exchange, it's better to do a link exchange with a site with PR2 and 20 links rather than a site with PR5 and 100 links. More the links on a website, less the vote will be given to link of your website.

Back