• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to get more trafic in a forum

Jedito

Hi! I have a new forum opened and after more than 1 week I have only 28 members registered.
Is sad to be there.. and only me is in.
I submit the site to all the majors seach engines.
And I don't know what else can I do.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance

Get a multiple personality disorder and start posting to yourself in twenty different usernames at least twice daily.

That should keep the forums interesting, but not interesting enough.

Form a clinic of people with multiple personalities, supply them with computers to access your forum and you should have a few thousand active members!

Supermoo does not endorse the above statement.

Best of luck,

lol, you could try that! :)

Also, it's best to get a few high-traffic websites and then add a forum so repeat visitors can chat to one another... this can then expand, over time.

Although the best thing to encourage conversation is to have some in there already, people won't post where no one else is. If this requires having a few fake accounts, stating open-ended questions, getting into fake arguments... anything to keep the visitors interested.

Not that I'll a proffesional of anything, just a few tips! ;)

Best of luck,

Originally posted by Jedito
Hi! I have a new forum opened and after more than 1 week I have only 28 members registered.
Is sad to be there.. and only me is in.
I submit the site to all the majors seach engines.
And I don't know what else can I do.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance
your forum looks very nice.
you now have 29 members! :D

looks like it could be interesting - but 29 signups in a week is not so bad I'd be pretty pleased if it was me - things take time to grow.

I'd
kill off half your forums though so that the ones you have are more active then add extra ones as they get busyier.

Last edited:
NLC? (Sorry I'm not a native english speaker)
Anyway.. thanks for sign up :)
Ahhh.. your Britney Spear Site is awesome :)

Back