• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HOW to get .com.ru???

What are you talking about? I'm passed the registration procedure. I have already requested a domain and that's the error they sent me via e-mail.

I suppose you have to wait a little more (a day or so) for the propagation of your DNS Servers, and then try again :)

The nameservers you choose have to contain authoritative NS infos of your domain name before RIPN accepts to register it (I guess RIPN does a dig DNS on the nameservers to check). Which means that you have to add your zone or record for your new domain in ns1.secondary.com and ns1.valcato.net first.

I figured that if I point ns1.secondary.com and ns2.secondary.com to my Valcato nameservers, I wouldn't need to use Valcato's nameservers anymore, right? This seems pretty confusing for me. :eek:

If I want to start over, do I just re-request the domain? Or is there to change the nameservers when the nameservers of the domain is still being checked?

Originally posted by cadetmorris
Yes, that mailbot is a bit picky (thats an understatement)

But if you've fought it enough, then it should be relatively easy to go through the cgi forms, even tho its in russian.

The good news is: Once you've established all three necessary handles (Organization, Maintainer, Person), you get a nice web-based interface in your language of choice (Russian or English).
It's worth trying for.

The way i've got mine set up is that I manage it from MyDomain, and i've got email (actual mailboxes, too) via www.gawab.com
And, I've got IP forwarding being used on some of them to Portland.co.uk's servers, and I didn't even hafta switch nameservers. I'll try to post that IP address later.

Take a look at some of the stuff I've been able to do, all for free:

http://www.screwyahoo.com.ru
http://www.screw-msn.com.ru
http://www.screwhotmail.com.ru
Are you saying you made those three sites(email service, host and search) FOR FREE ?

I still can't get the domain to point to any nameservers. Anyone here successful at pointing theirs to a paid host server? :confused:

first to antpocas:

yes, i did

now to GRiN:

Do you even know anything about this? You need to have at least 2 nameservers for each domain. In order for the Russian site to get the SOA (Start of Authority) record for ur domain, the nameservers themselves must 'know' that they will be working for your domain.

Here's what I do with my domains(and what you should do to get started at the very least):
Go to http://www.mydomain.com to sign up (free) for DNS. Once you've signed up, log in and click 'Add Domain'. You will see a page that says to type in the name of your domain. Type in your domain name. Before you click submit, look below and you will see a list of nameservers you must use. You will also see IP addresses, but you don't need to use the IP's, just the nameserver names. Click Submit, then go to http://www.ripn.net:8080/nic/dns/en/agreem_client.html and log in. Then go and click register domain. When you get down to the nameservers, type in the following information:
ns1.mydomain.com
ns2.mydomain.com
ns3.mydomain.com
ns4.mydomain.com
It is important that you enter a carriage return at the end of each line and not rely on spaces because their system will render your entry as sumthin like this:
ns1.mydomain.com ns2.mydomain.com ns3.mydomain.com ns4.mydomain.com
While I could go into detail about how UNIX and this system works; in short the system will try to render each line as a nameserver. If your browser doesn't let you press enter to get to a carriage return(and then submits the information), you could input a UNIX carriage return at the end of each nameserver. Keep in mind that what you see and what their script sees are two different things. This is what you will see(or somewhat) in the fields if you put a UNIX carriage return:
ns1.mydomain.com \n
ns2.mydomain.com \n
ns3.mydomain.com \n
ns4.mydomain.com \n

I cannot guarantee that this will work tho. Opera lets you press enter in a text field and it wont submit data. http://www.opera.com

Keep in mind that its a generally good idea to go to mydomain.com and set up your domain b4 you go to ripn, tho it really doesn't matter which way. If you are not familiar with DNS control panels, MYDOMAIN.COM will say active in dns for both web and email when the domain is delegated.

Good luck!!

Well, I don't really want to use mydomain.com, I'd rather use my own webspace. :D
Why in the world doesn't RIPN allow you to use two nameservers that are from the same network anyway? :eek:

I found another where I can use secondary nameservers. Waiting to see whether it'll work or not but the ping for the three nameservers that they gave me are all different. :D

Ok, I registered my domain, but I didn't give the name servers I wanted... and it gives me this (translated to english)

INTERFACE FOR REGISTERING PHYSICAL FACE the stages of registration OBJECTS ARE SET in THE TURN FOR THE WORKING/TREATMENT after the information been you will pass hand finishing, physical face OF EIFFEL65-RIPN will be registered.The actions indicated can engage two workdays. On the results of registration the information to the address will be sent to you:eek:ren@oren.tk.

So can I log in after I get my account and give the name servers?
Also I didn't choose if i wanted com.ru, org.ru, or net.ru?!

sounds like you phucked up a bit...

I've never received this email, but it sounds to me like your nic handles are getting established. They should be done much faster than 2 days tho. Try tomorrow to log in :p

I got an email that russian translated to english said something error about passport, b-date, etc. Weird, it worked when I did the form... I wish woofcat.com's thing was still up.:(

So it turns out my only choice is to use Mydomain.com. :(
I wonder if anyone has been able to host their domains on paid hosting services...

GRiN- you're not limited to using mydomain.com for your DNS. It's just an easy way to do it.

Darktemplar- go to http://www.dnsau.com.ru
the guy who runs the site will register the domain for you, but using his nic handles. I've actually found him to be a very nice and helpful individual when I had a question or a problem with the domain. I just don't dont need to use his website anymore because I have my own nic handles. Tho you could try to get him to create a nic handle for you. Send him an email to see if he's willing to help you with this. His email is 'domainreg@dnsau.com.ru'. I'm sure he'll be happy to help as I once received an email from that said something about that he helps ppl get started on the internet. He does a good job at it too. Good luck, and don't be afraid to send me an email if you need some help. My email is 'cadetmorris@yahoo.com'

thanks a lot!:biggrin2:
But here's a question, do I email him personally or fill out his apply form? I've done the apply but shoudl i also email him?

nope, just sit and wait

he'll send you an email once its all done; it might be a good idea to be patient and wait at least a week :p

Oh never mind, any who, Person-R should be added to the list when you fill out the person form. Don't fill that one in if you don't have the passport stuff

Hello, results of processing of your search the automatic device. > From: *****> Subject: Object registration through WWW interface > Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:32:55 0400 (MSK/MSD) > Msg-Id: <200208311632.g7VGWtA25308@www.ripn.net> > > password: XXXXX > > lang: RU > action: NEW > > * [PERSON TEMPLATE] > nic-hdl: WGREED-RIPN > person: William G Reed > person-r: > passport: > birth-date: > address: William G Reed > address: WR Interprises > address: 5526 Reed lane > address: **** > p-addr: > phone: *****> fax-no: > e-mail: ***** > remark-h: > mnt-by: WGREED-MNT-RIPN > source: RIPN > correctly filled form on object 'WGREED-MNT-RIPN' (a field 'mnt-by') is not found in the application - the MISTAKE! In the form of the description there are FATAL MISTAKES, the object will not be processed. > [MAINTAINER TEMPLATE] > mntner: WGREED-MNT-RIPN > descr: > mnt-adm: William G Reed > tech-c: William G Reed > upd-to: **** > mnt-nfy: ***** > auth: CRYPT-PW -hahayou thought you had it ;)- > auth: MAIL-FROM **** > mnt-by: WGREED-MNT-RIPN > source: RIPN > Person WILLIAM G REED cannot be used in quality admin-o or bill-o the domain or mnt-adm ìàéíòàéíåðà - the MISTAKE! At person WILLIAM G REED fields 'person-r', 'passport' should be filled, 'p-addr' and 'birth-date.' correctly filled form on object ' WILLIAM G REED ' (a field 'mnt-adm') is not found in the application - the MISTAKE! In the form of the description there are FATAL MISTAKES, the object will not be processed. > [TEMPLATES END] > > Data had been posted from IP: **** searches Current the counter: 1. You can send 119 more searches in the nearest hour.

Umm.. Help?

Last edited:
Back