• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to find the Sender of Spam emails?

VLC

Hi,
like all here, i'd like to know who initiates the sending of spam email to people, so i copied below the header info from a recent example, but dont know which address there denotes the originator.
- So whats peoples advice here on who it might be from the data below?

thanx for any help :)

NB- oddly enough my email address aint below but i was still sent it !
ie.....

Return-Path: <YITOYJCSSJB@eie.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp>
Received: from c-67-167-235-237.client.comcast.net (67.167.235.237) by mk-cpfrontend.uk.tiscali.com (7.0.024.3-1)
id 407C0B17031F6FEA; Wed, 12 May 2004 23:41:16 +0100
Received: from 252.254.97.44 by webDBE.mail.yahoo.com; Wed, 12 May 2004 22:38:54 -0100
Message-ID: <NFZHIOSDAZKRLSYFYWNM@dialup.mplik.ru>
From: "Willa Leblanc" <YITOYJCSSJB@eie.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp>
To: erjon@tiscali.co.uk
Subject: 58\ get paid to participate in online focus groups
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 17:40:54 -0600
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="--14EE63AE86DBF4B9"
X-CS-IP: 212.52.220.1

----14EE63AE86DBF4B9
Content-Type: text/html;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
[end]

deal with it like everyone else and apply proper filters to your email. :confused4

or, check out "Spamfire". (google it)

I'd suggest editing your email out of your post unless you want a few hundred spambots picking it up.

jmiller said:
deal with it like everyone else and apply proper filters to your email. or, check out "Spamfire". (google it)
yes ive been doing that for years, but if we all i could trace a spammers own e-m adres we could then filter back their junk to themselves. :)
clever hey?

so anyone know , how one might achieve this.??

VLC said:
yes ive been doing that for years, but if we all i could trace a spammers own e-m adres we could then filter back their junk to themselves. :)
clever hey?

so anyone know , how one might achieve this.??
I suppose, though it's not exactly a new concept.

i guess so, tho i did enjoy sending 70+ junk mails to a drugstore website last week :)

Back