• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to add a +1 google button to your site

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
If you don't know google now has it's own "Like button" inspired by Facebook. The official google button instructions page is acting weird (redirecting in a loop). So I've included instructions below on how you can add a +1 button to your site. It's really simple.

You add this code to the head of your document or just before the close body tag:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>

And then you add this code where you want the +1 button to show up on your page.

<g:plusone></g:plusone>

That will work across your site for each individual url. If you just wish to have your main domain to be +1 you can replace the second code with this one:

<g:plusone href="http://www.yourdomain.com/"></g:plusone>

Replace yourdomain.com with your domain name or url. For more advanced setup you can visit googles page about +1.

You can see the FWS google +1 button at the bottom of the forum frontpage right side menu.

Not really, on my website I can't feel a difference. Did you added the javascript in the <head> or before </body> of document ?
A rule for speed is to have CSS on top, JS on the bottom.

I like :) where do I click - oh hell don't think Peo's been +rep'd for a while so that'll do for now :D

+ 1 !!!!
that what everyone looking for. Blog do have plugin for plus one and now i have the solution for the +1.
Everyone believe that +1 will help to get traffic and even may help in SEO.

I have +1 on my blog but no one clicks on it...and I've seen blogs with higher traffic than me, they don't get clicks on +1...

It will take sometime that '+1' button to get popular among the people. But, still the best sharing button 'like' i think than '+1'.

I've gotten a few +1 clicks on my pages. However, there are a lot more FB like users than Google +1 users. This will take a long while to catch on.

Back