• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How much would you charge ?

I usually work on an hourly basis. You have to take into consideration the amount of work you do. Don't sell yourself short. Calculate how many hours you had to put into the graphics, html and other things. Did you have to create the content on your own? If so, you should charge for that.
Usually, I go by the following, in us dollars.
graphics: $20 - 35 per hour.
html writting: $25 per hour
java/php/cgi, etc: 35+ per hour.
Also keep in mind that a lot of time is spent coming up with ideas and putting the ideas on paper. This is what i call Creative Thought Process time. I usually go by about $20 Per hour with that.
Also keep in mind that the tools you use cost money, and you need to incorperate some of that into the price.

I hope i helped, although i can not give a direct estimate as i dont know the answers to the above.

ok thanks for the advice...just one question :

"Do you think the site is of a professional standard ?"

I am a teenager (15) and this is the first site I have built and been paid for. I am thinking about starting a web site offering people my services as a web designer. What do you think ?

Sam ;-)

ok design.

the design was ok, a bit plain but, if u are interested in webdesigning go for it. im am 14 and i am thinking of choosing a similar career.

by the way...

i also just realised you have made a JavaScript Error (pretty anoying for Internet Explorer 4.0 users :) )

How much you charge is based on a) how much your worth (your time) and b) what the client thinks they should pay.

The site you made is very simplistic. Its' better than 75% of the sites out there but far worse than the top 20%. When I first saw the page I was impressed but after surfing through all the pages it was like seeing the same thing over and over again... the same logo with the same few liens of text. In reality you need more of a layout, more to it.

The site is probably wworth a few hundred but because you offer a service you can easily get 400 or 500 hundred out of it and if the company ahs money, don't feel to bad. Clients may be easy to please at times but you really dont want to rip them off, instead work to give them something they want.

I started web design when I was a bit younger than you (many years ago now) and at that time, I site like what you made would have been considered a lot better. Now the design market place is filled with millions of teens and adults trying to make some money so you need to be mroe than just average or just profesional, you need to be good.

The better the sites you make now, the better the clients you can get down the road.

also...

if possible, ones that dont require you to have a linked image under it and im talking about 468 x 60 pixel banners.

also if anyone knows of any decent button exchanges with the same qualities as in the last post, that requires you to display a 88 x 31 pixel button please say...

Re: also...

Originally posted by ozefrog
if possible, ones that dont require you to have a linked image under it and im talking about 468 x 60 pixel banners.

also if anyone knows of any decent button exchanges with the same qualities as in the last post, that requires you to display a 88 x 31 pixel button please say...

What has that got to do with this post ? Anyway I don't use banner exchange anymore (I contact sites individually) but the best time i use to use was linkbuddies.com but i don't know if its any good anymore...

I agree with you Ted the layout is pretty much the same througout the site. I am not very good at creating original layouts... You wouldn't know of anysite which teaches you how to improve sites, how to create layouts, the correct way to use images or on how to create a proffessional site in general. I tried looking for some, but all I came up with was HTML tutorials, I am looking at the design aspect of web building and so far I had no luck in finding any resources on this topic....Any advice would be appreciated....

I charged the man for 26Hours of work @ £5 an hour which made me £130 I guess that's ok for a first site at my age......

While I am at it you wouldn't know of any site which introduces and teaches you ASP in plain english ?

Thanx

Sam ;-)

i dont know wat the hell happened there, that is totally under the wrong category, i submitted it to another part of a forum under offers i think, internet glitc or database prob??

It's a good start, but if you want to be a professional webdesigner, you'll have to learn more and more. Try to learn from your mistakes, so keep building and improving pages

Back