• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How Much Space Do You Use (On-Topic, I Think)

damn this suckz because of my huge image anime gallery and my now 3,000 unique visitors i need to find a free host to host my image gallery i think i will need like 150 mbs of space and cgi-bin is that impossible to find you people think.

My old site was about 8Mb..... I've found that most of the people I know tend to generally use somewhere between 8 - 15 on their sites, but prefer to have some space so they can easily expand their site without running into any problems or test out new things on their site and be able to keep them there if they like the new features

175 sites using 5 - 85 megs 3600 odd using 5k - 5 megs.

Most people need 10 megs max People who need more usally abuse or are bandwidth hogs with download sites.

There are allways exceptions offcoarse.

my site (perwonal) uses 102.4 mb it is a wannabe download.com site where but the downloads are actually hosted on the local server, they are all legal files. no mp3s or any warez. (55mb is downloads, vB takes up 5mb, 200 html files, i cant remember exactly. :rolleyes: it is currently on ws's servers because i moved them there today.

our servers (amped & dc) have 60GB hdd, about 2GB is used on them already.

The current size of my webhost is about 10MB... but its goal is 30MB after I put up SimCity3000 Downloads...

I pay $29.95/month for 500MB with 10GB of transfer I hardly use any of the bandwidth anyways. Perhaps 10-15% of it.

Unless people have any realistic plans of actually meeting their maximum allocations, why do I see people buying a hosting plan that they barely fill up to 15% of the max?

Originally posted by NC_TOM
Unless people have any realistic plans of actually meeting their maximum allocations, why do I see people buying a hosting plan that they barely fill up to 15% of the max?

Well spoken Tom. I run my whole site with about 1 M of Escapade scripts and a 5 M MySQL database. Sometimes I stumble about the ads on hostsearch and still get the same grin at my face...

Originally posted by NC_TOM

Future room. In the future I may get a lot of SimCity3000 Cities which are anywhere between 500k - 1.5MB each.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Future room. In the future I may get a lot of SimCity3000 Cities which are anywhere between 500k - 1.5MB each.

GC,

Why do you choose to host your message board remotely instead of hosting it yourself? Especially if you have plenty of space and bandwidth?

Originally posted by Nick

GC,

Why do you choose to host your message board remotely instead of hosting it yourself? Especially if you have plenty of space and bandwidth?

What difference does it make to you? Is it really that important? :mad:

Originally posted by Nick

Don't be anal about it GC. I was just asking :rolleyes: .

Look, I am doing future planning here. I might have a lot of cities (SimCity3000) that are anywhere from 500k to 1.5MB being sent in. That will add up over time. A forum if it gets too active will suck up space way too quickly, so I have to get a remotely hosted one.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Look, I am doing future planning here. I might have a lot of cities (SimCity3000) that are anywhere from 500k to 1.5MB being sent in. That will add up over time. A forum if it gets too active will suck up space way too quickly, so I have to get a remotely hosted one.

That's the kind of response I was looking for...

Back