• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How Much Space Do You Use (On-Topic, I Think)

BigTom

How much space do you use for your site, honestly? Please list the exact amount of space rounded up to the nearest MB and what kind of site it is.

Just a little poll to see about the old "average site is/is not smaller than 5 MB" quote.

the basic html pages for the site and accompanying images are under 5mb...

what hogs space is a forum and some spreadsheet/xml files and some pdf files

If it wasn't for those the site would easily be under 5mb

yeah. html, CGI, pl, and php along with .jpg, .gif, and other picture format files generally take up less than 5mb. A site with a large image gallery would takeup alot of space but still would have to have alot, or very large images to take up more than a few mb. The largest sites I've every made were sites with downloads which still keep the site under 20mb. Its the warez people that use the 50mb accounts and fill them with 50mb of games and crap. A ligit site shouldn't take up more than 5mb or so unless it has a forum.

24 MB for my bigger site. But it's on a paid host. My plan gives 150MB. And I use 10% of the data transfer available. hahaha! so I think my host is happy with me.

One of my sites is about 25Mb (pics, html and a few midis) The other is around 15Mb. Both entertainment sites. :classic2:

On most pages, it's the forum that hogs up most of the transfer and the space. My page, when finished, will probably use around 20 MB.

At the site I own, the HTML and images use about 7mb, and the cgi is about 2mb.

At the site I work at, the html and images are about 15mb, the CGI scripts are about 5mb, the downloads (nothing illegal) take up about 25mb; they are just some home-made video files like dbz music videos. I didn't make any

Last edited:
Well, mine takes about 400 megs now...

If u take away the downlaods, patches and other such downlaodable files, ti goes down to 65 megs-ish...

Take away my forums then its only something like 15megs or so (cuz I got some fairly large graphics in a graphics gallery)

My *ENTIRE* site - 81.9 (82 rounded up, obviously :p) megs.
Without files, forum, midis, nuke (which actually isn't working but I upped it anyway and have yet to delete it).. everything except html (well phtml :p) and images is 21.. some nice 3d rendered images.
Without the 3d rendered images and just basic ones... 11.
I can't compress it further. And yes I use mutltiple hosts as "Mirrors of different sections"...
Basically I up the 11 mb and a part of the rest and they don't mind. Seriously they don't...

My old SpacePorts site was 19.7MBs until I deleted it. I had a ton of PSD files, images, and html pages on it. When I had www.hpwonline.net , it was about 65MBs because of the forums and 3d images. All my other sites have been less than 2MBs.

well my site is about 200mbs but that's because i got rid of downloads and just have pics and info to save bandwidth.

Back