• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How much RAM do you have? (excluding VRAM)

How much RAM do you have? (excluding VRAM)

• 8-31 MB

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 32 MB - 63 MB

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 64 MB - 127 MB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 128 MB - 191 MB

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • 192 MB - 255 MB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 256 MB - 383 MB

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 384 MB - 511 MB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 512 MB - 767 MB

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 768 MB - 1024 MB

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 1024 MB+

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

niv

striking reality
NLC
i haven't heard of anyone with more than 1 GB of ram.

Last edited:
So people with 128 MB of RAM aren't qualified to vote ;)

This computer(my dad's) has 512 MB of RAM. The computer I just got for my birthday has 128 MB of RAM.

Oh. Also, I have an old old old old OLDDDD computer with less than 8 MB of Ram I beleive. Heck, the hard drive isn't even 8 MB :). One of those OLD apples computers.

Last edited:
hmm.. I think my family's first computer had 4 meg of ram... I think it only had MS-DOS.. hehe

<edit> we could play PacMan, though... all we had to do was insert the 5 1/4" disk, into the drive, first. ;) oh, and then we got a 5 1/4" drive AND a 3 1/2" drive.. we really really moving, then. (it might be 5 1/2" and 3 1/4".. I forget)

Last edited:
Originally posted by whatevah
oh, and then we got a 5 1/4" drive AND a 3 1/2" drive.. we really really moving, then. (it might be 5 1/2" and 3 1/4".. I forget)

yes, you are right, 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" disk drives

My computer, that I only bought last December, only came with 32MB! Barely enough to run it! :( I upgraded it to 96MB and now it moves pretty good although I may add more eventually.

I have 64MB....
Does it really make any difference adding more?
When I upgraded from 32 I didn't notice any big improvements...
I wonder why would anyone need 512MB (!!)?

I have 32mb, and I've had and used this computer very hard for the last 3 and a ½ years. We are insaparable..... or atleast untill I can fork over enough for a new computer ;)

I used to have 40Mb, now I have 128Mb.

What really gets my goat is that say I have Word, IE and Netscape open, and I press alt-tab, the hard-disk still chugs away for a couple seconds before changing over.

I thought when I got a new pc that would stop.

But say I open a word document, then use the pc for ages - PSP, corel draw, Netscape and so on. If I then open word up again - it's there in the blink of an eye - no HD activity!

What's going on? Can I correct this or is it normal? Whatever, you gotta admit it's weird. Huh?

Back