• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How much bandwidth does a forum like this..

Azazel00

Hi again... If the Admin doesnt think its improper to ask, about how how much Space and bandwidth would a forum of this magnitude consume? just curious for im thinking about creating one (not this big ).. ;)

There is no way this forum uses 300Gb of bandwidth, I would say around 40Gb and that is a high guess as well. Forums don't generate a lot of bandwidth unless you allow big files to be uploaded onto it.

I knew a friend with an adult site that had 1Gb of MySQL data b/c he allowed 500Kb uploads and people were just slamming it down. He had around 2,100 members, and a daily average of 500 unique forum visitors downloading files. I think his forum used about 100Gb of bandwidth, but keep in mind he did have a lot of stuff there to download.

Dunno bout this one. Mine is around 1 gig per month or less. VB is actually pretty efficient. It depends on if the server and forum are setup to send stuff gzipped. If it is, then the bandwidth is far lower like mine.

Back