• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How many of you have switched from free to paid?

I did...to Cyberwings because tis was only a few bucks.

Then I got an offer for free webhosting from a host and gladly accepted. ;)

I did, too, for $20/year.
Includes: domain registration (www.yourname.com)
Unmetered webspace, unmetered transfer, PHP, CGI, FTP, etc.
5 real POP accounts and 5 email redirects, and more stuff.

I've been with them for over a month, and have never experienced any downtime. Their support is quite quick: in about 30 minutes they'll answer your emails.

It took them only 2 days to set everything up. Nice :)

They're: http://domains.aruba.it

BTW, they also register ".us" domains.

I switched last week to Towerhost - only reason I didn't switch earlier was the difficulty in finding a host that would take mailed in payments on a monthly or quarterly basis. Tho I'm still at a free host for my psp tubes pages as they use up a lot of bandwidth.

Rosie

I switched to paid hosting about half a year already, maybe more. Moved to Cyberwings first, thought to myself, "what the hell, it's only a few bucks." Was pretty happy there when I found a better host. Luckily I moved out before they went down.

I did also :) Just because there isn't a free host which has what I needs and is not down for more than half of the time ;)

*sighs* I'm so jealous...I want my own domain...but I'm thirteen, have no credit card, and my parents would go crazy if I asked to use theirs for that purpose. I can sit for hours browsing round paid hosts, drooling over them because they're just so much BETTER than their free counterparts. I'd move to paid if I could.
Perhaps one day...*goes into daydream of paid host and domain name*

yea i can still remember those days until a paid hosting company offered free "paid" hosting here. now i am proudly hosted. i still need a domain name though

Originally posted by satine
*sighs* I'm so jealous...I want my own domain...but I'm thirteen, have no credit card, and my parents would go crazy if I asked to use theirs for that purpose. I can sit for hours browsing round paid hosts, drooling over them because they're just so much BETTER than their free counterparts. I'd move to paid if I could.
Perhaps one day...*goes into daydream of paid host and domain name*

Yep. I used to do that, too. Now I finally I got a job and with my first paycheck I purchased domain and hosting. I chose dixiesys

Me too. The end of F2S was the end of good free hosting. At first I thought being under 18 would make it hard for me to pay for anything online, but I just borrowed my mom's credit card (and payed her back with cash).

The only problem is I don't really have a site, just bunch of ideas that never get off the ground.

I switched to paid over 18 months ago :) Best thing I ever did. I have two separate accounts and no need to check every day to see if it is actually online :confused2 :p

Well,

Maybe one day, I'll move to a paid host with my own domain name, but for now, freewebhosting is excellent for my needs. My website is very simple and even if I am working on it and it is growing and evolving, I don't see where and how I would get stuck. I guest freewebhosting is more than enough to start with and I think they offer a lot for free..., if we don't ask for too much ;)

I swiched. I went from angelfire, to geocities, to envy.nu, to pitas. Finally decided i wanted to use blogger, and was hosted by a friend.

Finally I decided to go for it and i bought my domain. This was last year. My "paid" hosting is only 9.00 every two months. :D

Back