• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How many hosting accounts do web hosts typically have?

i would say, many!

usually no one will tell u how many account is hosted in their hosting service
unless they are selling it to u
lol

it depends upon the machine or server you have. and also what kind of sites you have on server if they are not resource hungry you can have many as many as 1000-3000 if they are resource Hungry not even 20

It really depends on how many servers you have as well as the size of the sites. It also depends on how big the company is, smaller companies have a diverse portfolio while larger companies can house thousands of clients.

The ideal package would be smaller host with well managed servers. Larger hosts tend to unattend some of the commonly occuring problems. But they also have the technology and infrastructure at hand

Well we house many, but you can't limit this until you basically know what they are using. We setup a new node the other week because the server loads were getting higher, which me as a person does not like.

So yeah if there not full on sites using resources then i suppose over 200 at least, it also depends what hardware you run too.

For a year old free host: In the thousands
For a year old paid host: If they are good, possibly 12. If they oversell, overprice, or overexaggerate (Eg. 100% uptime, 46 TB Bandwidth, 15 TB Space), possibly 100ish

For a year old free host: In the thousands
For a year old paid host: If they are good, possibly 12. If they oversell, overprice, or overexaggerate (Eg. 100% uptime, 46 TB Bandwidth, 15 TB Space), possibly 100ish

I do not think that is correct to say about that in general ;) Companie are diffrent

No the companies are not different, they sell web hosting, but the only thing is that other companies epnds thousands of dollars for promoting them and other none :)

I think the number of account which web hosting provider host on the server depends on that age the company and their marketing activity.

we have whmcs set a max of 100 accounts, and then whmcs will place ac----s on a new server, but only 100 accounts per server ever!

On my free business ,I host around 1000 sites.500 of them is active.On paid business we have around 100 domains hosted with 45 clients

This question also depends on what type of hodting business your running. If your running shared hosting then it takes 1000s of users to make a decent living. Wheres VPS and dedicated companies have less users per server at a higher profic margin and may have 1000 or less. When operating a small data center there may only be 50 or less unique customers. The farther you get up the hosting food chain basically the less direct customers and more indirect customers. For instance a small data centrr might support 20K end users with 50 actual direct customers.

filelan is correct, you can't get any sort of base number without knowing more details. For example our company. Domainwise, our server with the most domains on it is a little Atom server. We have a customer that has over 500 domains pointed to his main domain. Doesn't get but a couple of gigs of traffic a month.

Our largest account runs a single domain across 4 Dual Quad Core Xeons with 16GB's RAM in each server.

Back