• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How many Customers use Ruby?

h0ster

I was wondering how many customers ask for Ruby (on rails)? I'm aware that ruby can be installed in a jailed shell per user now (in CPanel) , but how many of all of your customers actually use it?

I'm not sure that it's something we'd offer but i'd still like to know. Thanks.

My fiancee is Ruby, and people are using her ?!?

Seriosly though, I have heard of Ruby on Rails, what exactly is the program?

TBH, i'm not 100% sure :) It's a {development} language, in the same way PHP is It's very light on the code you need to get things running and geared towards web 2.0. You need Ruby running to use Ruby apps though, not unlike PHP.

As far as I know 'Ruby on Rails' refers to a certain set up of ruby, done in a certain way. I'd like to learn it but I never have time for coding at that level. Thats why I use Designers.

I am not familiar with Ruby on rails to be honest, but I do offer it to clients for those who use it. When you get a server, I am sure you can get it installed -- I know my cPanel server came pre-installed with it. I have yet time to learn Ruby on rails, but it just shows to the client as an added bonus, that you listen to your clients and get them what they desire, not because you will use it, but because others ask for it

I am not familiar with Ruby on rails to be honest, but I do offer it to clients for those who use it. When you get a server, I am sure you can get it installed -- I know my cPanel server came pre-installed with it. I have yet time to learn Ruby on rails, but it just shows to the client as an added bonus, that you listen to your clients and get them what they desire, not because you will use it, but because others ask for it

Thats basically the same with me, Ive not taken any time to learn RoR as yet, but at some point this year I do intent to.

As for the free hosted clients we host not many use it, my best guess is probably about 10 clients have tested it out.

I had a look as was working very (very) late lastnight. What I read into in the Ruby Homepage wasn't amazingly user friendly, still, xHtml seemed like that once.

Thanks for the replies.

i dont have much knowledge about ruby, but i have that on my server too, probably now some new clients also started using ruby on rail on our server.

Back