• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how hard is it to install a pci card for high speed net?

jason

my girlfriend wants me to hook her computer up to my cable connection but her computer has no pci card. i usually don't mess around inside my computer but i was thinking its probably not too hard. is it just as easy as plug it in and install it? how do i know where to plug it in at? just wondering if i could save some time and money and do it myself or just save the trouble and bring it in.

Be careful NOT to use force to insert the network card. If it doesn't fit, you're probably doing something wrong. Once you've inserted it, make sure the connectors aren't visible, then you've most likely inserted it correctly.

Ground yourself before doing anything(touching the metal chassis of the computer case). Even if something as simple as installing a PCI card, can be ruined by static electricity, along with everything else in the computer.

Back