• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How FWS gets this much traffic

aaditya

When ever i come here i keep on staring at the number of persons online here. hundreds of guests and around 30+ members online at anygiven time.

Can the admin team share with young webmasters like us the secret of this activity? Like where u get traffic from, how u advertise etc.

For me my biggest traffic source is FWS itself.

Time. FWS has been online since 1998. Over the 7 years, FWS has always been #1 in the category it was created to be - free web space directory.

I visit FWS whether I need free webspace or not because of the lively and interesting sub-forums.
I enjoy the variety of discussion topics at FWS and I pick up some interesting tips and learn new things from other webmasters :classic2:

The search engine bots contribute to a lot of "guests" :) Get good content on your forums and the googlebot might pay you a visit too :)

Mostly, I checked online users yesterday when there were 500 or so guests and most were googlebots :)

You must have a lots of back links to FWS. Thats what it is needed for google bot to reach here. More road to a site more google bot they have.

Two words...

Blank Verse.

:p

Seriously though, I know I found this place through Google, about 4 years back. I originally just wanted too much in a host for no money, but I stuck around long enough to learn a thing or two.

Blank Verse said:
Two words...

Blank Verse.

:p

Seriously though, I know I found this place through Google, about 4 years back. I originally just wanted too much in a host for no money, but I stuck around long enough to learn a thing or two.

I knew Google was a bad thing!

Blank Verse said:
yeah...this is probably how GC originally found this place :p

Probably. 1 person probably had mentioned "military", and when GC did a google search for "why military rules", FWS came up. :)

I have been around here since 1998, not the forums, I didnt join till much later but I originally found this place through Yahoo. When the forums came about in 2001, back when WorldZone and EpidemiK were famous here. Now I've nearly solidifed my own status here. I came here to find free hosting and got Geocities or Tripod back as my responses.

Since then this place, free and paid hosting, has evolved as my perspective on such things. I came here to just find hosting and thats it but as I grew so did my world. I've had many usernames here and for some reason this one just took.

I hope future members of this forum can kind of look up to us as we did the former members of this place ;)

hey, robert .. since when u become Moderator..
looks like am appear from here quite sometimes ..

Confusion is a lovely thing, and so is arguing with people here. I wish GC were back :(

Back