• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you think about Cybertoad.net hosting?

Subhash

I personally have a bitter experience with cybertoad.net hosting. Once I submitted a request for free account. It was told that I would be informed by email after the administrator’s review whether my hosting request would be accepted or denied. I repeatedly checked the status, and each time it said that "frozen for administrator's" review. After 5 days I e-mailed their support team about my request status. Then also no reply. At the end of 10 days two mails came one from their hosting department and second from their support team. The Hosting department says that since I didn’t used my account for 10 days my account has been deleted. The support department says that My hosting request has been denied.
I was confused about the two contradictory answers. I again mailed them about the two mails and asked to clarify the matter, but I received no reply.

Do any one have any experience with Cybertoad.net and tell how is their hosting. May be I am wrong about them. If they are really good I may again try to get an account.

Last edited:
Wow! That's the same process that I've gone through exactly as you said! He even claims that he owns all of these networks and that I would be "screwed" if I attempted to "mess" with him. I tried to be civil with him, but it never works.

He always insults people and I think he impersonates some people on the forums saying "how great" his hosting is. Right now, I am having a wonderful experience with x10hosting, another free hoster. On the other hand, cybertoad.net is so horrible.

The website is at the very least half functional. Half of the buttons don't even work; he must be a so called professional who has been working with computers for 32 years. Come on, if I was able to make a decent mock website at the age of 15(see www.nueway.com) after obtaining my first internet connection and computer at age 13, then he should be able to do much better in terms of:
1) Emotion control. He just can't. He even death threatened an admin of this forum.
2) Ego. He just has too much. Seriously, his services aren't top notch. He doesn't even offer Ruby on Rails(one of the newer frameworks out there that people are raving, which I still am considering to switch to from php)
3) Website. Half functional frontpage. Ability to use <me> tags to impersonate others as a "funny joke". Hard-to-navigate forum.

I was so hurt by his responses at that time; I think I was seriously emotionally scarred. I can't think right now of what else he did wrong. I don't care if he might have the "best technical hosting." In my eyes, and many others in my school, he's what most people call a "jerk" and <insert any other deragotory comment>.

Now that I'm 16, I now know that it was a waste of time to even try communicating with him. A better thing to do would be go to so called "lesser" free hosts or even paid hosts like icdsoft.com or integra-net.com. I could afford to shell out $40-$72 a year by cutting grass or working at minimum wage at a store once a month if that means less time spent doing something(time=money) and much better service.

(sorry for the long complaint, but it's been bothering me for so long)

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know about them, not even think of them there are many better one even in this forum available.

Any more experience from others...

Wow! That's the same process that I've gone through exactly as you said! He even claims that he owns all of these networks and that I would be "screwed" if I attempted to "mess" with him. I tried to be civil with him, but it never works.

He always insults people and I think he impersonates some people on the forums saying "how great" his hosting is. Right now, I am having a wonderful experience with x10hosting, another free hoster. On the other hand, cybertoad.net is so horrible.

The website is at the very least half functional. Half of the buttons don't even work; he must be a so called professional who has been working with computers for 32 years. Come on, if I was able to make a decent mock website at the age of 15(see www.nueway.com) after obtaining my first internet connection and computer at age 13, then he should be able to do much better in terms of:
1) Emotion control. He just can't. He even death threatened an admin of this forum.
2) Ego. He just has too much. Seriously, his services aren't top notch. He doesn't even offer Ruby on Rails(one of the newer frameworks out there that people are raving, which I still am considering to switch to from php)
3) Website. Half functional frontpage. Ability to use <me> tags to impersonate others as a "funny joke". Hard-to-navigate forum.

I was so hurt by his responses at that time; I think I was seriously emotionally scarred. I can't think right now of what else he did wrong. I don't care if he might have the "best technical hosting." In my eyes, and many others in my school, he's what most people call a "jerk" and <insert any other deragotory comment>.

Now that I'm 16, I now know that it was a waste of time to even try communicating with him. A better thing to do would be go to so called "lesser" free hosts or even paid hosts like icdsoft.com or integra-net.com. I could afford to shell out $40-$72 a year by cutting grass or working at minimum wage at a store once a month if that means less time spent doing something(time=money) and much better service.

(sorry for the long complaint, but it's been bothering me for so long)
Not that I am defending him or anything, but I don't see every host offering Ruby on Rails too. As for the <me> tags, does it somehow state who is the actual poster? If it does, it is still alright in my opinion. If it doesn't, well, a lot of trouble can arise from that.

I have once tried to use his host but failed miserably due to some reasons which partly was my fault so I cannot say much about his host. However, his behaviour on this forum shows that he has a very bad attidude and yes I agree, he has a problem with his ego. I used to have a good impression of him and hence pushed all the blame of not being able to register on his host on me. However, his behaviour later on the forum proved otherwise and totally smashed my good impression of him.

Well, no script is perfect so it is logical that your request could be bugged. But from what Subhash mentioned, it seems that they are either trying to prevent new users from registering to save resources or they are playing around with their users.

Just my 2 cents and a bit of personal experience with them.

Regards,
Kwek

Kwek said:
But from what Subhash mentioned, it seems that they are either trying to prevent new users from registering to save resources or they are playing around with their users.

Hi Kwek,

You are right, but the story I mentioned, happened long ago. Still they are open foe new accounts, if they are incapable of accepting new accounts or they don't want to, then they should be straight forward and stop accepting new accounts. Thus it seems that your second option is correct.

Hi Kwek,

You are right, but the story I mentioned, happened long ago. Still they are open foe new accounts, if they are incapable of accepting new accounts or they don't want to, then they should be straight forward and stop accepting new accounts. Thus it seems that your second option is correct.
It is possible that there are other reasons but I believe that what I mentioned is also possible. I am not assuming anything, just stating the possible reasons. I suppose only they themselves know the true reason.

I do hope that it is just an error on their side where they messed up and gave you the wrong answer, and not playing with their users.

I was with them before going to a reseller. They are too restrictive, and amz is very, very unprofessional.

Not that I am defending him or anything, but I don't see every host offering Ruby on Rails too. As for the <me> tags, does it somehow state who is the actual poster? If it does, it is still alright in my opinion. If it doesn't, well, a lot of trouble can arise from that.

I have once tried to use his host but failed miserably due to some reasons which partly was my fault so I cannot say much about his host. However, his behaviour on this forum shows that he has a very bad attidude and yes I agree, he has a problem with his ego. I used to have a good impression of him and hence pushed all the blame of not being able to register on his host on me. However, his behaviour later on the forum proved otherwise and totally smashed my good impression of him.

Well, no script is perfect so it is logical that your request could be bugged. But from what Subhash mentioned, it seems that they are either trying to prevent new users from registering to save resources or they are playing around with their users.

Just my 2 cents and a bit of personal experience with them.

Regards,
Kwek

I know that most hosts don't offer Ruby on Rails, but amz claims to have "everything", literally. He claims that he owns something like 90% of all the high quality servers that are feature packaged with everything.

Er... those <me> tags never say whether it is scripted. Here, I'll give an example. Suppose that my name was jscripter203. I go into a forum and I see post by a guy named retsknarp. Retsknarp types in his post:

Code:
Hey, <me>, you are so lame. Why won't you go over here and read the rules. You've bothered me too long with your whining anyway, <me>.

That post would show up as:
Code:
Hey, jscripter203, you are so lame. Why won't you go over here and read the [U]rules[/U]. You've bothered me too long with your whining anyway, jscripter203.

This really confused me so much at first. There were a lot more offensive ways the <me> tag was used. I thought the people in that forum(3-8?) were actually talking about me; I messed up a bit and only posted a few times in that forum. I almost got mad, but then I found out when a user flamed amz for making fun of him in his signiture.

I also placed the blame on myself, but I'm usually submissive to other people so that was no surprise. That changed when I read a few books and listened to a few audiotapes on assertiveness. A few days later, I just simply left without saying anything since there was no point in wasting 8 hours of my life trying to get an account from him. I might as well just set up my own webserver instead.

There are 3 types of scripts: a good script, a bad script, and a bad script that is claimed to be good. Like some other obnoxious programmers out there, they just can't take it when someone says that something is wrong. 3 other people in that forum and a few in this forum said that they had the same problem as well. I knew it wasn't just me. It was amz's fault entirely. A user should be able to sign up as many times as he wants with the same ip; a simple script written by a one-day old scripter(not even programmer) could easily remove duplicates.

Plus, how he acted was inhumane and against law. He death threats almost everyone. He was claiming that he would "kill me" with a "personal assassin". Think about it, if you were threatened like that... would you just say "O gee, that's not good"? It was chilling to see that in my email late at night... I absolutely have no sympathy for someone who death threats, thinking that it's funny. Of course, if he has a mental disorder, I *might* say otherwise. Here are two threads(forgot the rest) dedicated to him:

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2182568&highlight=cybertoad

(Yay, I'm still mad for what trouble they actually caused me; I'm sorry for the fuss that I'm making.)

Last edited:
Just stay away from them...

They used to be good
Now all I hear is bad story after bad story

Last edited:
Truely I didn't find not even a single person who have some good experience with them. If anyone has some good experience please reply.
However I like to receive both good and bad.

Well, I think the complaint is more of directed to amz's attidude and his behaviour, not really his free hosting services.

As far as I can tell his attitude and behavior need drastic improvement. That is why he is no longer allowed on FWS.

Last edited:
I personally had a good experiance.
But I didn't had any use for the account, I just used as a small file host for a few days and then just let inactive from there.
So its probly deleted by now.
But overall, it was good.

I understand but that's the attitude of a free host, does he have any TOS to keep to? I don't think so. There's no legal form to establish relations between a free hosting provider and his client in trems of support quality or any other obligations.

I understand but that's the attitude of a free host, does he have any TOS to keep to? I don't think so. There's no legal form to establish relations between a free hosting provider and his client in trems of support quality or any other obligations.
We are also partly talking about his behaviour on the forums. Threatening the forum admins in different ways and stuff like that.

Yes, free hosts do not have any legal liability to have good attitude to their free hosted members, but it not only depicts business attitude but also personal attitude. When personal attitude is wrong it doesn’t matter with free or paid or in any other field. In this case you can see his attitude in this forum to the admins, moderators and members.
And for hosting, I don't say it is must to have good attitude from a free host but I say it is expected. It is not desirable that, he has no TOS to keep to so he will be irresponsible.

Back