• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you live in a city?

Johnson

i love c&y
NLC
I've lived in a small town most of my life and will be moving to a city soon. I used to live in Chicago when I was young, but I've been living in a town of 1,000 people for a longer period of time.

I need some people to tell me how to live in a city compared to a small town, since I've forgotten.

Since I live in a city of 500,000 it's decent. Lots to do, many activities to take part in.

Yeah, living in a small village I do miss out on things to do. There's barely anything. I've always wanted to live in a big city.

It's easier to live by people though, because when I go into a city it feels weird with all the people around.

i live in a pretty large city, but, not as big as Chicago or New York. I love it though, and i think i would even like a bigger city, but, i also lived in a small town, and it is nice and peaceful. for me, i prefer the large city life just cause i am always on the go and have to be doing something.

Colin, you have neighbors and such. My nearest neighbor is literally a mile away.

That's pretty much the same as my positioning - although maybe 500 meters on either side of my house with a road at the top and bottom of our plot, effectively blocking us off.

I live in Da ATL. It has a population of about 500,000 in the city itself. The whole Atlanta area (including suburbs) is about 4,000,000 if I remember correctly.

Are you moving to a city with a subway? Congrats if you do. Even if it's ----ty like Atlanta's, you'll love it. And don't be afraid of hobos ... they don't bite. They just ask for money for a sandwich. Or they'll try to bum a cigarette off of you. Karma says give them a cigarette.

Oh, and learn ebonics.

What city are you moving to?

Yeah, I like to live in a big city, becasue I always want to have somethingto do, like go to the malls, watch movies, go bar hopping and other stuff.

This is my life. Small town to big city. I hated the town I lived in growing up. I still don't much care for it whenever I'm there, but when I'm not, I get nostalgic for some reason.

One thing you will notice is that you will be ale to tell who grew up in a town or on a farm and who has lived in the city their whole life. You'll find that your approach to daily life will be different, with that down to earth small town attitude. You will feel superior to those who have been urbanized their whole life. You will not know why.

Honestly, the adjustment is not too bad. There's going to be higher crime obviously, and way more traffic, but at the end of the day, you go home, and the way you live there doesn't change no matter where you live.

My Great Grandmother used to live in Wausau. I do not consider that a big city, but it's been 20 years since I've been there.

It's amazing how identical BV's post is the the one I was going to make, so just read that again.

Johnson said:
I've lived in a small town most of my life and will be moving to a city soon. I used to live in Chicago when I was young, but I've been living in a town of 1,000 people for a longer period of time.

I need some people to tell me how to live in a city compared to a small town, since I've forgotten.

Walk down the street saying, "I'm gonna pop a cap in yo ---!" to everyone you see :)

I wish I lived in a small town, although y profession would kind of be ruined. I think it would be nice to walk into your bank and they know who you are, or walk down the street and people know who you are.

I live in a small village. I know pretty much everyone. I wouldn't like to move into a city...but I guess your friends live closer.

Yellow means 10 more cars, red means 3 more cars.

If someone asks you for three dollars to buy a fan belt, they don't have a car.

Make a big scene and humiliate beggars who won't leave you alone, it's the easiest way to get rid of them.

That's all I got right now.

Back